Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Reverting to old ways after trying new ways >

Reverting to old ways after trying new ways

Reverting to old ways after trying new ways

Old 07-22-2014, 07:47 PM

I love to try new things! I love challenging patterns, new rulers,etc. But when I find something I like, I do tend to use it. But, I'm not afraid of trying new ways. Sometimes the new way is better, sometimes it isn't, but I won't know unless I try a new method. I use a combination of both old and new ways. Never be afraid to try new things, you might find you favorite new method.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:03 PM

I used to be a very spartan quilter, two rulers, mechanical machine, no gadgets. Now I have a high tech computerized machine, and no, I would never go back, and I own an acuquilt. It takes no time to cut all the pieces and leaves me more time for quilting. For me, time is commodity, so as much time I can get to quilt, the happier I am. I still use rotary cutter, don't get me wrong, even scissors every now and then. I also started quilting on a long arm....who knew, and I was the one who said that I will never, ever own a long arm. Well, never say never. The only thing of old that I cannot kick is dry iron. Steam just does not work for me. It is good for my husbands shirts, but it does not work for my quilts. To each her own, whatever makes you happy, as long as we keep n quilting.