Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend >

Virtual Quilting Weekend

Virtual Quilting Weekend

Old 08-02-2014, 04:06 AM

I'll play too. We are in for a rainy weekend so it is perfect sewing weather.
I have 60 HST's ready to join up for pink & purple pinwheels and 3 quilts ready for binding. Hopefully I can finish at least 2 of the bindings and get my pinwheels done.
But first - finish the coffee and get off the computer...hehehe.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:28 AM

Good morning Virtual quilt Weekenders (VQW), I have the dogs (Coco, Snowbaby and Bear Bear) all taken care of. Am finishing up my tea. (I'm a klutz, have to finish it and get it out of the work room before I get started sewing.) I'm working on my list of things to get done. I have lots of things I'm working on. I wouldn't want to get bored. Or, I'm just a really good joiner. lol, I'm a good finisher also. (Except, when it comes to my own things. lol) I think as time goes by, I will have to keep joining up with VQW's just so I can get UFO's finished.

Krista, that sure is a pretty quilt your working on. I will probably post a few pictures later of what I'm working on. I want to get started before I loose momentum.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:52 AM

Good morning. I've never joined a VQW before but, I thought..... why not? I'm working on the guitar quilt I'm making for my GN and I've almost got the top done. I've been working on it for a few weeks..... had questions about the strings on the guitar and everyone here has been so encouraging. This quilt has been in the design stage in my head for a couple of years so getting it done and sent off is my goal.

Since I'm a newby at VQWs.... I'll check in often to see how everyone is doing. .... and comment as I go. It's not like I don't do that most days anyway.

And Krista, your quilt top is beautiful.... I love blue as well. You'll probably have it done and working on the next thing this weekend.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:45 AM

I'll join! I am working on a Christmas hexie quilt and a hexie tree skirt. I will show pics later today. I also am going to a block of the month meeting this morning. Talk to you later!
Old 08-02-2014, 05:53 AM

Wish I could join you all but I will be haying all weekend. I did manage to sew two days this week -- got all the circles cut from jeans, sewed them into sections of 4 rows each, decided I have enough to make TWO cathedral window jeans quilts. Now need to cut the batting and the filler fabric, then I can stitch the edges down. Have everyone, I'll be thinking about you all while sitting on the tractor!
Old 08-02-2014, 05:57 AM

Got up this morning to realize that today is the day I have to show my block of the week and pick up the next one. $5 if I miss, so even before breakfast this morning I made this week's block (just a 6" block, so it doesn't take too long). And now I'm contemplating my next piecing project, since I can't stand at the long arm all weekend. I had one in mind, but tucsonquilter just reminded me about a Christmas project I wanted to start. So I think that's going to be the ticket.

I'm kind of jealous about all those rainy weekends. I may actually have to spend some of my precious sewing time to mow the lawn today
Old 08-02-2014, 06:05 AM

Krista that quilt top is so STRIKING. Wow....love that fabric. Almost done with hand stitching the binding on wedding quilt 1....so hopefully will post a photo shortly. Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:08 AM
Banned

Got my blocks put together, now just need to sew the last 6 on to the quilt.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:12 AM
Power Poster

This sounds like fun!!! Sadly I won't be able to join in, company spending the weekend. I will sneak peeks to check in on everyone's progress! Have fun!!
Old 08-02-2014, 06:13 AM
Power Poster

Krista I love the bold colors and pattern. Looking forward to seeing it quilted!!