Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend >

Virtual Quilting Weekend

Virtual Quilting Weekend

Old 08-02-2014, 10:36 AM
Power Poster

Good work so far, everyone... Love the projects you have shown. The mummy block is so clever! Love the guitar quilt too. I have a question about the postcard... do these actually go through the mail? Do they have to be rigid or a certain size? How cool to get a quilted postcard!

I've only just gotten home from my morning out, and will settle into work on my buckeye blocks. Don't know if I'll have anything to show today... there's still so much work to be done. Better get to it!
Old 08-02-2014, 10:44 AM

You can send them through the mail. As long as they are the right size. 3 x 5 or 4 x 6. I quilt the front and the back is muslin and heavy duty stabilizer. And then just put together. If you can find them, you can buy clear envelopes to send them in. I have not been able to find them my self. I actually send them in the little tiny padded envelopes. My daughter is making a book out of them for my grandson. The pages are clear so he can see the front and the messages I write to him on the back. I am adding 3D elements as well. Buttons, crystals, felt, feathers etc. I want them to be really interesting to him. I cant wait to get to certain letters. I am envisioning a feathery Flamingo. lol
Old 08-02-2014, 11:19 AM

I am a little late to get started but thought this VQW might motivate me to work harder. I bought this fabric so I could make a quilt for my winter home in Phoenix. I started out following a store bought pattern but now I am working on borders to make it a queen size quilt. The original design was going to make it more busy then it already is. So I decided to widen the quilt with a red fabric border before I put more animal borders. Plus original was only lap size.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]486013[/ATTACH]
This is is the picture of the original design. This is what I thought I might change the pattern to.... any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	486013   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	815.8 KB
ID:	486017  
Old 08-02-2014, 11:29 AM
Power Poster

I don't have a suggestion but it looks so pretty!
Old 08-02-2014, 12:09 PM

Just finished this horse appliqué on a quilt for my grandson. I don't think I like doing appliqué very much, but this came out OK.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]486027[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	iPhoto Library.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	486027  
Old 08-02-2014, 12:24 PM

This is super cute!!! I love it!

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
Well, I have a load of laundry in the washer and one in the dryer. Salesman at the door rejected! And Woot! Woot! my Mummy blocks are all finished for the Halloween Block Swap. All 9 of them. A set of 6 and 3 extra for others. Now, sitting down for a quick brunch. And egg sandwich and then back I go to the sewing room. I think I will pick up a couple of postcards and finish those off next. (As they are sitting right next to my sewing machine all fused and ready to go. Check in again soon.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:25 PM

Very nice. For not liking it, you sure did a nice job.

Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
Just finished this horse appliqué on a quilt for my grandson. I don't think I like doing appliqué very much, but this came out OK.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]486027[/ATTACH]
Old 08-02-2014, 12:26 PM

Looks good to me!

Originally Posted by Sunlover53 View Post
I am a little late to get started but thought this VQW might motivate me to work harder. I bought this fabric so I could make a quilt for my winter home in Phoenix. I started out following a store bought pattern but now I am working on borders to make it a queen size quilt. The original design was going to make it more busy then it already is. So I decided to widen the quilt with a red fabric border before I put more animal borders. Plus original was only lap size.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]486013[/ATTACH]
This is is the picture of the original design. This is what I thought I might change the pattern to.... any suggestions?
Old 08-02-2014, 12:27 PM

Well I think I've officially done enough housework, and my friend just texted me that she finally had her baby-- and it's a girl! They didn't find out who was in there beforehand, so now I can get started on a quilt. I pulled some things out of my stash and I think she's getting a D9P.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:42 PM

Love the Canada quilt. I think you are on the right track.
And the horse applique came out great.

I am needing a break after cutting some of my butterfly squares the wrong size...not just once, but twice. Sending dogs out to run and then will feed them I think I need a cup of tea before I face the sewing room again.