Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I do have a problem!!! >

I do have a problem!!!

I do have a problem!!!

Old 12-29-2009, 07:13 AM

Thank goodness my husband doesn't go with me to Mary Jo's.
He went one time and sat outside. Before I went in he asked whether I would be there as long as an hour. I almost choked trying not to laugh hysterically!

Bebe
Old 12-29-2009, 07:25 AM

Hi,
I am lucky! I do not have a husband but I made up my mind to buy fabric only on sale!!!I usually by from Quilt-in-a Day. It is better and much cheaper than any local fabric store.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:27 AM
Power Poster

well, I was so out of control, until I not only got my sew-cave filled up, I got it organized.
Once I could clearly see all the fabrics, and that there wasn't any more room for new ones...I am almost cured, lol!
I am going to do a lot more shopping from my shelves this year. That is the only goal I am going to strive for. Goals for me, are set ups for disappointment, and when it comes to fabric...what is the best way to get over sad/disappointing feelings?...to go fabric shopping.
So, I am going to try to stay out of the fabric stores and go visit the shelves.
I think it's rare for a quilter to not squeeze a little bit more out of the budget, for that, just-gotta-have-it, fabric:wink:
Old 12-29-2009, 07:53 AM

Maybe it is an addiction, but I still love to buy, and I also find myself collecting any piece of fabric, unual off a dress, skirt or just any thing. Isn't that what quilting is all about? I have just started quilting in the past year, and it is so relaxing to me, wished I had done this in the past.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by diannemc
Why is it when it comes to fabric I lose all cense of judgement...I went shopping with my DDs this morning and the last thing DH said was do not use the credit card for anything!..Well I DID!!! I couldn't help myself...I wanted the fabric so bad...I knew if I wrote a check he would see but the credit card he wouldn't see till next month!!! I am so horrible...I only get to the fabric shop once every 3 or 4 months and just couldn't miss this chance..I will tell him but just not now..am I a bad person!!I do have an addiction....
Unless there are some sort of underlining financial issue this is BS!

I have never complained about my wifes spending and she has never said the first thing about mine. She handles all of the banking and money in the house so she knows whats there or not.

This has always been one of my pet peeves about marriage spouses telling each other what they can do or not do. :evil: That never happens in this house!!

Billy
Old 12-29-2009, 08:28 AM
Power Poster

I do the same thing. My intentions are the best, but it is a addiction. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 12-29-2009, 09:03 AM

I set a price for each piece of fabric in my stash. I go shopping in my stash and pay for the piece just as if i were in the fabric store. after a while the money builds up and then its a trip to the fabric store....
Old 12-29-2009, 10:17 AM

My DH never gets too upset about what I buy, he looks at it like this, It keeps me busy and off the streets.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by GaSonicLady01
I set a price for each piece of fabric in my stash. I go shopping in my stash and pay for the piece just as if i were in the fabric store. after a while the money builds up and then its a trip to the fabric store....
Oooh, that's a great idea. You could also save the money to send quilt tops to be quilted.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:05 AM
Power Poster

I think this bug hits us all LMBO It is hard to practice self restraint when the "perfect" fabric is staring right back at you :shock: I just have to stay away from the fabric stores and click delete on those emails :roll: when I have hit my limit for the month :lol::lol::lol: