Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
CPAP Fleece hose covers and strap pattern >

CPAP Fleece hose covers and strap pattern

CPAP Fleece hose covers and strap pattern

Old 08-05-2014, 07:27 AM
Power Poster

Not enough coffee yet this morning. I read the thread title and the couple of posts thinking the second letter in CPAP was an R!

There is ribbed knit tubing widely available that would work for this purpose. All you would do is cut off a length and slip it over the hose. You can probably find it in a well-stocked pharmacy in the area of the bandages. Here is a link to it on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Stockinette-Kn.../dp/B001B5M330
It is very stretchy and one use for it, I think, is to cover casts.

This type of stockinette comes in different sizes and strengths. There is a compression version, for example, that might be more stable for your purpose.

Last edited by Prism99; 08-05-2014 at 07:29 AM.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:05 AM

CPAP warning! I am appalled to even share this, but think I should. After soaking my cpap hose recently I accidently banged it against the counter and about died when I saw something fall out of the tube. I was a spider and a large clump of what I have to assume were eggs. I have been using a cpap for about 10 years now and have never heard of such a thing. In the morning, I now store my nose & head piece in a knee high secured with a rubberband. This really scared the you know what out of me thinking about what would have happened if I had not washed my hose and tank out that day.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:44 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by AnnaPf View Post
CPAP warning! I am appalled to even share this, but think I should. After soaking my cpap hose recently I accidently banged it against the counter and about died when I saw something fall out of the tube. I was a spider and a large clump of what I have to assume were eggs. .......
OMIGODOMIGODOHNONONONO!!!!!! I will NEVER get to sleep tonight, now! (there is no icon for screaming in horror!) I always just leave my apparatus lying in my unmade bed, just me here after all. And I don't clean the tube with a brush but every other day. Whadda ya wanna bet I'll be more meticulous than ever now. Got shivers all over!!!!
Just killed a dang spider running like mad to get away from me under the refrig; I live in the country, on a farm, almost in the pasture, in a 200 year old cottage....spiders and other creepy crawly things are a fact of life. BUT NOT IN MY NOSE!!!

Jan in VA
Old 08-05-2014, 11:00 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Here is what my face strap covers look like. They are about 5 or 6" x 2.5" and are made of a poly blend fabric; I'd prefer something flannel, perhaps. I bought mine from ResMed for about $10, but they'd be so easy to make.

Jan in VA
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	3224
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	486469  
Old 08-05-2014, 04:33 PM

ACK! Just cleaned mine out after reading this!

Originally Posted by AnnaPf View Post
CPAP warning! I am appalled to even share this, but think I should. After soaking my cpap hose recently I accidently banged it against the counter and about died when I saw something fall out of the tube. I was a spider and a large clump of what I have to assume were eggs. I have been using a cpap for about 10 years now and have never heard of such a thing. In the morning, I now store my nose & head piece in a knee high secured with a rubberband. This really scared the you know what out of me thinking about what would have happened if I had not washed my hose and tank out that day.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by lostsoulhelpmejebus View Post
Any one have patterns or know of a link to CPAP hose covers or fleece straps? I need to make some and would be great if there was a pattern already out there I could use.
I made my own. Used fleese, put a zipper in it and a velcro closure at the top. I will see if I can find my "pattern". Works great. Ellen
Old 08-05-2014, 04:39 PM

Re the spider in the hose------Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to check mine asap!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the heads up!! Ellen
Old 08-05-2014, 05:15 PM

Running to check mine.....omg I hate spiders!
Old 08-06-2014, 10:19 AM

OMG! Liberty med people told me not to wash my heated hose! only wash the nose pillows and harness! replace them and the filter very 2 months. My plan replaces the hose every 6 mos. I think I have a pack of knee highs, good idea!
I'm gonna have nightmares too!
Old 08-07-2014, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady View Post
I just measured mine and my husbands C-Pap tubes, cut some flannel the same length about 4" wide, then sewed up the side to form a tube and slipped the hoses into it. It really works great for keeping the condensation from forming and getting up our noses.
I forgot to add that I sewed a casing around each end and put a little piece of elastic in it to close it around the hose.