Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have You Seen Quilted Christmas Garland? >

Have You Seen Quilted Christmas Garland?

Have You Seen Quilted Christmas Garland?

Old 08-07-2014, 07:43 AM

It sounds like you could make pinwheel blocks, then cut out circles in the appropriate size you like, place them right sides together, stitch around leaving a hole to turn the now-round block inside out, and then tack the circles together like you would yo-yo's. Sounds cute!
Old 08-07-2014, 03:13 PM

This freepattern for pinwheel candies says it could also be made into a garland. You have to be a member, but it says it's free? http://www.freepatterns.com/detail.h...228&cat_id=456
Old 08-07-2014, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
Call the shop, buy the book. They will ship it to you. They "inspired" you...shouldn't you show your appreciation and buy the book from them?
Sandy
I agree with you, Sandy. Those nice quilt shops are fun and hopefully they will stay around. Try to support them if you can and also the talented people that come up with the cute ideas and write the books.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by jackiequilts4fun View Post
I was in Indianapolis recently and I stopped to check out a delightful quilt shop off the main highway.
It was this: http://www.quiltquarters.com/

Hanging on display was quilted garland, and it was adorable.
Basically she took pinwheels, pieced them, and then cut the fabric out into circles, joining with a button.

I'd like to duplicate this, and am now sorry that I didn't buy the pattern that was in a book, because I am new at this.

I'm not sure what size pinwheels to cut out, really.

I'd upload a photo if I knew how. .....sigh.....

Thought I'd ask .... if you have ideas about this I'd love to know.
Otherwise ... guess maybe you could help me figure out how to do this.

Thanks!
Is this it:

http://frozenknickers.blogspot.com/2...-pinwheel.html
Old 08-07-2014, 10:28 PM

Not sure why my links didn't come out. You have had so many beautiful suggestions. Now I am wanting to make some.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:46 AM

Thanks spstout, those pinwheels look easy and fun. I can just picture them in Christmas fabrics.

http://frozenknickers.blogspot.com/2...-pinwheel.html
Old 08-08-2014, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by IrishgalfromNJ View Post
I'm really curious about this garland. I went to the quilt shop website but there was no on-line shop. It sounds like OP took a picture but doesn't know how to put one in her post so I copied the instructions for her. Maybe she will try to post a picture of this elusive Christmas garland.

To insert a picture in your post, select the “insert image” icon on top of the message box. This icon looks like a framed picture of a tree. Once you select this icon, you have the choice of attaching a file from your computer or entering the url (web address) for the image. Please note that the url must be for the image itself, not the whole website. You can usually get an image url by right-clicking on the picture and selecting “copy image address”.

When you add a picture using the url, there is an option below the uploader that reads “Retrieve remote file and reference locally.” This will save the image file to Quilting Board’s servers rather than link to another website. We recommend leaving this option on, so that the other website cannot change or delete your image.
I've been 2 days trying to post a quilt picture. I even cropped the picture thinking that the picture was too large. I did as your posted instructions said, but it will not post. Do I have to have some kind of setting for my membership or whatever you call it? Any suggestions or maybe how to contact a monitor of the board. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:31 AM

Oh this sounds cute! I'm thinking it could be done by making pinwheels whatever size you like and then trimming into the circle shape you want and then attaching them to a ribbon or cording or whatever with the button. I think if I were doing this though I would be inclined to try putting batting and a backing together under the pinwheel circle before I attached it. It would maybe look like a raw edge quilt and add just a little extra puff to it. I bet these would be cute as ornaments too! Thanks for the idea!!! I really love the 3D pinwheels that were posted too. So many great ideas on this board!
Old 08-08-2014, 07:33 AM

yes,buy the book from the shop.they have bills to pay and it cost them to make store sample.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by spstout View Post
I don't know if that is the one she is looking for but love this one! Thanks for sharing the link!