Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Suggestions needed for front load washer >

Suggestions needed for front load washer

Suggestions needed for front load washer

Old 08-27-2014, 10:32 AM

Default Suggestions needed for front load washer

The delicate cycle, had water remaining so I selected spin only. Read manual in trouble shooting, may of been too light........next time added more items again on delicate cycle. Same thing didn't spin enough, I am thinking I should call repair man...........suggestions. I use this cycle for my T-shirts than only fluff in the dryer for a few minutes and than hang on hangers to dry.......thanks in advance.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:39 AM

When my top loader had that problem I had to call a repairman, seems a sensor had gone out. If it was too light throw in a towel for weight and let it spin.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:40 AM
Power Poster

On mine, the delicate cycle does not spin as fast as the regular cycles. I think this may be typical of delicate cycles on front loaders. What brand and model do you have? It would help to get feedback from people who have your specific machine. (Mine is a 10-year-old Asko, which not many people would have.)

Edit: Should add, though, that I have not had water remaining for my delicate cycle runs. On the other hand, I don't think I have ever run t-shirts through the delicate cycle; have run a sweater at a time through, though, and still no water remaining.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:46 AM

The "delicate" cycle to me, indicates fine lingerie and not tee shirts, which are cotton and get HEAVY when wet. Did you try to use a normal cycle vs. the delicate?

sandy
Old 08-27-2014, 04:05 PM
Power Poster

front loaders are a royal pain. why don't they fix them instead of telling everyone to leave the door open to dry it out? I hope someone can help you.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:26 PM

I appreciate the comments, I have a Samsung 5200. With my old top loading delicate meant spin but didn't leave tight wrinkles. I had no idea the learn curve for this machine would be so hard. Also it doesn't look like there is enough water for any cycle, I have been told that is normal for front loaders.....again thanks in advance.....calla/Sue
Old 08-27-2014, 05:03 PM

I always use the highest spin setting on my machine -- cuts the drying time a lot! Love my front loader. When I'm done washing I just wipe the door and the gaskets. Don't have a problem with not drying out.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:32 AM

I won a new front loader and the only cycle that it does not spin dry properly is the delicate one. I don't think there is anything wrong with it - it is gentle on the spinning as well. I put it on the spin if I want more water out of the load.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:05 AM

I have the Samsung front loader with dryer for 3 years.. I haven't had any problems but I only use the quick wash in heavy soiled mode. I haven't used any other settings. I also don't sort. I just dump everything in the machine throw in soap and hit go. Mostly jeans, t-shirts and underwear. It only takes 31 minutes. I have used the bedding setting for sheets etc but it took too long and found it works just fine on the quick wash too. Everything comes out and goes into the dryer on normal dry. Everything comes out clean and dry. No issues.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
front loaders are a royal pain. why don't they fix them instead of telling everyone to leave the door open to dry it out? I hope someone can help you.
I totally agree. I have had a GE front loader for 5+ years and hated it from day 1. if i could afford to dump it I would. Dealer will only give us $100 for it so will watch Craigs list and find a top loader and haul this one to the recycle center. Had the dealer here so many times the first year that they refused to service it any longer. So needless to say I am not a fan.