Can this machine be rescued?

Old 09-02-2014, 05:09 AM

Now to explain the pics....The first pic has the belt of it's wheel but when I fixed that the machine worked. The second pic is of the back of the machine, my son took the pics. I think I explained a few pages back that when the cover is opened the machine appears and vice/verse. Now what do y'all think, worth $150?
Old 09-02-2014, 07:56 AM

That New Home is a beauty. Appraisals are hard to do. Price depends on your market in your area on any given day. I've seen some apparently good deals sit for months just because no one was interested enough to buy them, me included.
Rodney
Old 09-02-2014, 08:20 AM

Rodney, thanks for responding. I think what I'll do is wait a week and if it's still there make a decision weather to buy or not. Looking at the belt in my picture, it looks a bit eaten up towards the bottom, would that be expensive to replace? Which parts would be the most expensive to replace? I hope this is not too general a question to ask, I know nothing about these machines but I get all excited when I see one, guess that means I might become a collector. Any good web sites on collecting these babies? Marie
Old 09-02-2014, 08:41 AM

The area where it "looks" chewed up appears to be where the belt is clamped together. It uses a small metal thingy to hold the 2 ends together. In my opinion the machine is very nice but maybe a little pricy. I might see if they would come down a little. The cabinet looks complete but I can't see the whole thing. Its got a lot of wear spots where the finish is missing so you may be able to use that as a bargaining chip depending on your location.

Belts can be had for less than $10, bought mine locally for $6. As far as attachments and what not, Macybaby would be the one to chime in on that question.

The TreadleOn website can tell/show you what to look for when researching the vintage/antique machines. Once you have one machine others will be popping up at an alarming rate. The things are worse than potato chips.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:55 AM

Beautiful machine. I agree with Rodney & Crocee in their assessments. They will keep popping up if you decide you must have one or two then it becomers ten and then an obsession for some like me. I will admit I've slowed down as I've no room left and hubby's patience also completely gone. But I do have a Pfaff finally.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by silverfoxmag View Post
Now to explain the pics....The first pic has the belt of it's wheel but when I fixed that the machine worked. The second pic is of the back of the machine, my son took the pics. I think I explained a few pages back that when the cover is opened the machine appears and vice/verse. Now what do y'all think, worth $150?
Here's how I decide if I'm going to buy a machine I find that's priced more than I would usually pay-
Does it make your heart go pitter-patter? If it does, I buy it. If it doesn't, I don't.

Cari
Old 09-03-2014, 05:50 AM

Thanks for all comments. I'm going to have a look at her again today and question the supervisor, who wasn't in the store the last time I went, about the price being dropped, etc. Let you know how I make out later today. Thanks crocee for the site to research.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:15 AM

Miriam??? Were you able to revive the 15? or is she RIP?
Old 09-04-2014, 04:17 AM

Hi all, I went back and this is the info I found. New Home "Light Running" #3581761 made in Orange, MA, my state, priced at $150, on the 26th of September will be reduced 25% if still available and will go down another 25% by 26th of October. Did some research on ebay and found a "Light Running", purchase price $300 or best bid. My plan is to wait it out, have a look on 9/26, if still there make a decision at that time. I tried to figure out how to change the bobbin but couldn't, that will come if I purchase. Marie
Old 09-04-2014, 08:28 AM

When you look on ebay for pricing look at the COMPLETED sales. What sellers want is a whole lot different than what they actually get.