Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bah! Now everyone I know wants a quilt!! LOL >

Bah! Now everyone I know wants a quilt!! LOL

Bah! Now everyone I know wants a quilt!! LOL

Old 12-30-2009, 08:12 AM

Those that don't quilt, think that it takes 1 week, $20 and is not that hard. I am very picky when it comes to giving quilts as gifts. I have to feel that the person will appreciate and take care of the quilt. My Charity quilts are sent out into the world for the sick children and the elderly. They are usually smaller and bring joy for what may be a short time. I am at peace with that.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by momto4
After seeing my fiances quilt and some of the Christmas gifts that I gave away everyone wants a quilt now lol. I better get super busy if im going to make enough gifts for NEXT Christmas lol. Very happy that they all like them but still lol. Has this happened to ya'll before?
Yes and it gets bigger every year. It is to the point of I really want to do some things for myself again. But if you do one Grdkid then you have todo the rest. Do on DD and Her DH then there is my other DD &Her DH. Now it is the SILs Their Grnd.Kids. Or My 2 SIL and their KIds. MY Friends it goes on and on :shock: :lol: :lol: I can never catch up and probably never will. But I don't care.
BillsBonBpm
Old 12-30-2009, 01:11 PM

I have already done close family and just finished wedding memories for both kids. I don't have grandkids yet, but I have already done one cot quilt, have fabric for 2 more and hubby has made some soft toys. I figure we need to be prepared. Both our kids became engaged at the same time, got married within 12 months of each other and are talking having babies around the same time. I figure the more I get done in advance between doing other things, the less rushed I will be at the time so I keep adding baby/kids fabric to my stash to do stuff.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Banned

Come to think about it I have yet to make myself a quilt! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That might have to be my next project!!

Billy
Old 12-30-2009, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Come to think about it I have yet to make myself a quilt! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That might have to be my next project!!

Billy
I think there are lots of us who haven't done that yet!! :lol: :lol:
Old 12-30-2009, 08:40 PM
Power Poster

You mean we are suppose to make one for ourselfs and keep it :shock: Now I have to add another one to my growing list :roll: LOL
Old 12-31-2009, 05:56 AM
wv

Almost every quilt I have started I started for "me". But half way throught it I have another idea for a quilt I might like better. As I am making the quilts something in them seems to remind me of someone, so that is who will get it. For my MIL it was stars to go in her red, white and blue guest room. For my parents it was the begonia flower print that reminded me of our garden growing up.

I've had people, some more acquaintences than friends, ask me to make them quilts and I tell them I will add them to the bottom of my "list". I am never specific as to how long the "list" is or in what order. I quilt with my hands but give from my heart. As I hand off a quilt that I have spent many, many hours creating I make sure it is to a good home and will be cherished as much as I cherish the friendship of the recipient.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:12 AM

I have a good for you, every year I give away a quilt at our company Christmas party and as we were leaving this years party one of the wives of a man I work with came up to be and said "I'm really sick and need to rest a lot of the time, if I could have one of your quilts I would feel so warm and comfortable and get well so much faster." I was so shocked I didn't know what to say. I said well if your husband is still working with me next year you just might get that chance to win the quilt. lol Could not believe her boldness, guess it just hit me wrong. So I know what you are all feeling when it comes to everyone wanting one of your quilts, I'm still working on getting the family warm with one of my quilts.

Happy New Year Everyone!! Have a safe and blessed 2010!
Old 12-31-2009, 06:55 AM

When asked if I will sew or make something for someone,
I say in a joking way (but really mean it),
"I ONLY SEW FOR THOSE I LOVE AND I DON'T LOVE YOU
THAT MUCH". :)
Old 12-31-2009, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by jbj137
When asked if I will sew or make something for someone,
I say in a joking way (but really mean it),
"I ONLY SEW FOR THOSE I LOVE AND I DON'T LOVE YOU
THAT MUCH". :)
Good one! :D