Old 09-07-2014, 03:12 PM
Power Poster

But you succeeded, right?
Old 09-08-2014, 12:16 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
But you succeeded, right?
Mostly. <ggggg>

We drove by the other LQS on a whim. They are normally not open on Sundays, but were open yesterday due to the Shop Hop. This store is also a Baby Lock Dealer (you all see where this is heading, right?) and the advertisement states "best prices on BL". Since I had done my homework and I had set an acceptable price for myself, I figured that it didn't hurt to ask. Their "best price" happened to be my acceptable price. It was a special that ran for the Shop Hop so I decided to go ahead and order the machine. On the 23rd of September I will be the proud owner of a Baby Lock Crescendo. I am all kind of jazzed. No buyer's remorse at all. Plus, I just saw that there is a $100 rebate by Baby Lock during the month of September for that machine. Sounds like it was meant to be.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:19 PM

Martina: I remember when you were doing your research and almost bought a couple of weeks ago. Congrats on the great deal. Is this under the heading of all things come to those who wait? Bet the 23rd seems like a long time away. Let us know how your new 'Baby' performs.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:14 PM
Power Poster

Yep Emma, it paid off to be patient. I really didn't NEED the machine so it wasn't hard to wait. As for the wait until the 23rd - well, we have to have our whole house re-ducted and part of the ducting runs through the sewing room closet. I will have to empty the closet and cover all of my stuff. No sewing for a while, so it is good that the new machine isn't here yet.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Power Poster

On 8/26 I posted:
Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
I said that I would report back (confess) if I visited the quilt shop that was selling out. Went this afternoon. I only bought 5 yards (half off), and I'm sending 2 to my sister. I also bought 2 books at 70% off. Not perfect, but it could have been a whole lot worse!
Well today it was a whole lot worse! Talked to my bff on Sunday & she said they still had lots of batiks left. I struggled all day yesterday and today I caved. I got 8 yards, and got several creative grid rulers at half off. I'm tired of taking stuff to the cottage and then trying to remember to bring everything back. Usually leave something, so I got a 6X24 and a 45 degree to leave there. Sigh.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:39 PM

Paperprincess, it will work better for you to have things in both places. Does for me. It's the fabric that I struggle with as to where did I leave that blue stuff and I know I have it, it must be at the other house. And it was not at the other house, it was just under some other stuff here. Oh well, at least I didn't buy any more. Are the 8 yards all batiks? love that kid of fabric!

I helped a neighbor with the purchase of new fabric today for a baby quilt. I did not buy for me but was really tempted. I also had some fabric set aside to buy later but walked out of the store without it. I did buy some machine needles though!
Old 09-09-2014, 01:55 PM

Martinez, how fun is that!!! New machine........
Paper.........Emma will be able to make you feel better.......but seems to me you saved $$$$$
Rhonda, needle don't count in this category do they? I think you were strong......and helpful as well
I'm still on the wagon but my knuckles are very white just hanging on...............calla
Old 09-09-2014, 03:14 PM

Oh, Oh, we have a repeat offender. Not only did she commit the first crime (3 yards) but she returned to the scene of the crime with malice of forethought and committed a second and more serious offense (8 yards). I cannot pass judgment on this person since I hit the garage sales this weekend and came away with 37 yards of fabric at a $1.00 per yard. My head is hanging very, very, low. To make matters worse I then spent two days laundering and ironing it. I blame it on Autumn, its the old feather your nest instinct. So its the season not weakness that got PaperPrincess and I.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:39 PM

Emma has fallen, sounds like the slippery slope of Autumn.......never fear Emma we all tarnish a wee bit.........calla
Old 09-09-2014, 06:48 PM
Power Poster

Oh Emma, I pass the baton of stylishness in wagon-falling - 37 yards, that's quite the haul. But what is the old saying - in for a dime, in for a dollar or was it in for an inch in for a yard (or 37 hehe)? No worries, I am sure it will be put to good use.