Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
I Spy Swap and Picnic Theme Twist >

I Spy Swap and Picnic Theme Twist

I Spy Swap and Picnic Theme Twist

Old 09-07-2014, 06:37 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by owlvamp View Post
All blocks are swap and ready to be mailed. Tomorrow will go to post office and mail them to their homes. Be on the look out. Sorry it tok a little longer than expected but they are on there way out the door tomorrow.... Thanks everyone for the little gifts sent and thank you for joining and participating...
Thank you for all your swapping work and for hosting this fun swap! Looking forward to seeing what comes in the mail.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:32 PM

All the packages went to the post office today. Its pouring rain here but i still went out and mailed them off.
As of Friday the postage went up $0.15. Wow i didn't even know postage was going up. So the the padded envelopes are $6.10. I believe if you go on line and print out your postage sticker its cheaper now. So for the next swap It will be $6.10 for shipping. I paid the the extra for none of us new.. The card board type ones are now $5.75.. So could use those except i will ask for you to send in your envelope and tape three sides on them, for people have complained of those coming a part.. Or we can stick with the padded ones and pay $6.10.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:57 PM
Power Poster

I just checked online and they have NOT raised the price for buying online and printing it out on your printer. It's still $5.70 for the padded priority envelops, AND they are now saying it's a one-day service. (We shall see... )

Owlie, if you don't already print your labels online, you should. It's easy and saves the hassle of going to the P.O. and waiting in line! Not to mention, cheaper.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:25 PM

Do you get a tracking number? Im out of ink and doing so many swaps would cost me in ink. But everyone else is welcome to do that and send it for me to attach to the envelope. The post lady did say it was cheaper on line. I wonder why that is?
Old 09-09-2014, 04:59 AM

I send $6.00 anyway since it is easier for me- so to add a dime is no big deal. I would rather have the padded. The other envelopes would have the added expense of tape and the extra time to tape them. Ink is expensive and I am not sure if it would be worth the expense of the ink to print the labels. But- I will go with whatever the decision is. I'm easygoing
Old 09-09-2014, 06:07 AM
Power Poster

Yes, the tracking number comes on the labels you print. I would rather pay for the ink than make the trip to the post office and stand in line! I think it's cheaper online because it keeps people out of the post office, so the PO doesn't have to pay for as much staff. They save money in the long run.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:09 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by owlvamp View Post
Do you get a tracking number? Im out of ink and doing so many swaps would cost me in ink. But everyone else is welcome to do that and send it for me to attach to the envelope.
It can't be done that way because the labels are dated when you print them. If people printed their own labels they would be out of date by the time they were put on the packages-- UNLESS you told us all exactly what date you were mailing and stuck to it. Then we could have that date put on the labels. Now,that's an idea...
Old 09-09-2014, 09:36 AM

I prefer the padded envelops. I did receive a cardboard envelop back once and wondered how the contents made it. Luckily, that has been the only problem I have had. There have been no problems with the padded ones.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:42 AM

Mine came in the mail today. Great timing because I was home sick and it was a great pick-me-up! Lots of really great fabrics. My favorite--pigs in the blanket in the picnic swap!! But that's just one of many great one. Thanks everyone!
Old 09-10-2014, 11:38 AM

I got mine too! There are too many great ones to pick a favorite (and so many I have been wanting to get, but haven't). My girls LOVE the purple unicorn. I'm now more than ready to get sewing, if only I could decide which ones to use...too many good ones. Thanks for an amazing first swap!