Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt It Today Magazine >

Quilt It Today Magazine

Quilt It Today Magazine

Old 09-09-2014, 03:09 AM

I have that issue. I bought it from a newsstand at the grocery store. First time I had seen it.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:43 AM

I haven't received mine either and I'm subscribed until April 2015. That stinks!!!!

Update - I just searched online and their webpage came right up. Everything looks normal to me. Maybe there was a glitch somewhere. I did email them. We'll see!!

http://quiltittoday.com/

Last edited by kydeb; 09-10-2014 at 04:48 AM.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:59 AM
Power Poster

I stopped subscribing to all magazines several years ago. I have have lots of quilt books, get patterns online or just make up my own patterns. Since I use my free time for just quilting, I don't take time to read magazines.
Seems most of them want to sign you up automatically for several years.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:00 AM

I e-mailed them aboput my subscription but haven't heard a peep from them.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:34 AM

I'm also waiting for my Sept./Oct. issue.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:53 AM

My favorite mag was The Quilt Life. It had good articles along with a few patterns. However, its last publication is October. Glad I didn't renew this year.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:30 AM

I e-mailed D. Hearn, who was the editor.
She messaged back saying the company went bankrupt in August and she lost her job. She apologized, saying that she wished could do something for her subscribers to refund their money. She added that she wasn't sure how it would be resolved.

Guess we have lost our money.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:45 PM

Thanks tapper, you seem to have gotten more info than anyone else has been able to. I haven't received any replies to my emails or voice messages. I think that's a pretty crappy way to treat your customers. Even if we have lost our money which is likely, an email or letter would surely be considerate. I think I am done subscribing to quilt magazines other than "Block" from Missouri Star Quilt Company.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:51 PM

I didn't subscribe to Quilt-Today Magazine. However, I subscribed to Valu-Publishing's other magazines Crochet 1-2-3 and Sew it today and I'm paid through 2015. Copies of these magazines haven't been mailed to subscribers but they are still sold on newsstands and in stores, interesting. I wonder why the editor didn't mention this, eh? So Valu-Publishing appears to be ignoring it's contractual obligation to it's subscribers while they are still continuing to publish these magazines and sell them in stores.

There is a similar thread concerning Valu-Publishing on Knitting Paradise and Crochet Forum (subscribers not getting issues of Crochet 1-2-3 & Knitting 1-2-3 they paid for). Since it appears the may have gone bankrupt the subscribers are probably out of luck. I'm glad these weren't very expensive subscriptions, but it still irritates me they appear to have gotten off the hook to the subscribers. Obviously if these publishers have declared bankruptcy they have known there were in a poor financial position for a long time and should have ceased taking subscriptions when this was known. I didn't subscribe to Crochet 1-2-3 until late spring and have received only one issue. It will be a cold day in h___ before I subscribe to another magazine. I can afford the loss, but I feel sorry for the lady on the Knitting Paradise forum who had to save for months to buy a subscription to a magazine published by Valu-Publishers and then not get the magazines for which she scrimped and saved. Shame on them!

Last edited by SusieQ54; 09-10-2014 at 06:03 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:23 PM

Just wanted to add that subscribers to Crochet 1-2-3 & Knitting 1-2-3 haven't received their magazines since June 2014. Some folks paid for subscriptions just after the first of the Year (2014) and have yet to receive any magazines. I have received only one magazine under my Crochet 1-2-3 subscription (Sept/Oct 2014 issue), I should have gotten two by now. I am also one magazine short on my Sew it today subscription (Sept 2014 issue). I also had trouble last year getting the magazines under my Sew It Today subscription -- I had to call reader services to get the missing magazine. This was approx 1 year ago. I figured this was just a one time problem and it had been corrected. I should have known better than to subscribe to another magazine published by this company.