Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
For anyone in the ne oklahoma/kansas area >

For anyone in the ne oklahoma/kansas area

For anyone in the ne oklahoma/kansas area

Old 09-12-2014, 06:20 AM

Default For anyone in the ne oklahoma/kansas area

If anyone is near or has plans to travel the "100 mile garage sale" being held this weekend in the Dewey, Bartlesville, Copan, etc. area of Oklahoma, this might be the place to stop. CD, I know this is at the wrong end of the state for you, but I think you would enjoy this. Since this is in my neck of the woods, I might have to go to look at the Sphinx if it is still there Saturday:
http://tulsa.craigslist.org/clt/4647527597.html

HELLO, all you old sewing machines collectors and lovers. I have for sale about 26 + or - a few sewing machines, these are all working machines except a few that will be sold as parts machines,
we have singers, 29-4, 301,403 404, 306w, model 15-91, Necchi, Kenmore, New Home Light Runner electric, Free Westinghouse made in to a table lamp, some 3/4 machines, a real nice featherweight, vintage treadle machine heads one is a model 27, 1907, kids machine made in England in the 60's, tables made out of old treadle drawers, old treadle bases, there will be some vintage Japanese machines, old machine cabinets, like Queen Ann and Martha Washington, and others,, Misc. attachments by the box full,
These items will be at Hiway 75 and Hiway 10 intersection Copan OK. on Sept.12th and 13th, during the 100 mile garage sale,, come out and look these treasures. In case of rain out these item can be seen at my house, Call show contact info for directions or more information,, thanks for looking,

Old 09-12-2014, 06:35 AM

That Sphinx is in nice shape, better than most I see. I hope the prices are decent.
Rodney
Old 09-12-2014, 09:28 AM

Looks like my kind of party, but I'm going to be hung-up down in this part of the state.
Funny thing is: I have at least one of most of the machines listed. I found mine locally, so maybe they are common to the region?

CD in Oklahoma
Old 09-12-2014, 03:23 PM

Rodney, I hope this is one of the "most are working" machines. The Sphinx is at the top of my wish list and that one does look really nice, even though it doesn't come with the cabinet. I hope it has the puzzle box with attachments.
Update:
Just called him and he didn't take it to the sale with him today; he thought about not selling it because it was one of his favorites, but then he told me he would take $50 for it. It is a working machine that he has been using, so I've got my warm fuzzy about the bobbin, case, plates, etc all being there.

CD, one of these days I'm going to make it to your place of business just to see all the machines and other goodies you have for sale in addition to what is on your website. Now that I'm an empty nester, I make take a couple days of vacation, load the dog and head your way. If I do score the Sphinx, you might come across a cabinet for it at sometime or another.
One of my running buddies in college was from that area, but it has been a few years ago since I have been there(more like decades). I think we rode dinosaurs from Norman to Lawton... at least that is what my daughter would say..LOL
Old 09-12-2014, 05:06 PM
Banned

I would love to go to CD's place, That's part of my fantasy vacation that includes a stop in Hamilton Missouri.

Cari
Old 09-13-2014, 07:21 PM

Picked up the spinx and a Necchi Mira today. He had a lady waiting on him to open yesterday morning to open. The featherweight, 401, and the old industrial were gone within the first hour.
The hand wheel on the sphinx turns so smooth. Both need some cleanup but are oiled and and make very nice stitches. Neither came with cabinets or accessories, but the search for that will give me something to do this winter when it is the weather gets too crappy to be out in
Pics later.......
Old 09-14-2014, 01:10 PM

hmmm. would really love to have my hand on that 29K. wish i am near that area.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by singerguy View Post
hmmm. would really love to have my hand on that 29K. wish i am near that area.
That was my first thought too, but have nowhere to put it even if I was close. Thought about the 301 too since I have the card table for the long bed. But after thinking it through I think I'd rather let go of the table than buy another Singer.

Cari
Old 09-15-2014, 02:22 PM

Ooooh man...I live too far away to get there....sigh!