Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo >

Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo

Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo

Old 09-18-2014, 03:37 PM
Power Poster

sorry Billi, i don't eat all that stuff in the eggs. I love salsa and chips but not in my eggs.
LOVE!!!! those gourds. I think Judy said no stripes. I guess would make a good border.
I can't wait till saturday. I can't wait to start it. Does anyone know when we get the first clue????
Old 09-18-2014, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
Yep, I agree Sula, the gourd one. I'm guessing Judy will say the stripe is too big on the xmas one.

Billi, those baked eggs don't sound too hard. The recipes I looked at had fried potato slices for a 'crust.'

Very pretty selections ladies.
Super easy mmmmmmm potato crust, I've never tried that sound yumm.
No worries Lynnie you can have your eggs anyway you like them we'll give you a side of chips and salsa :-)

Maybe tomorrow I'll really horrify you and make my moms sonora style stacked enchiladas topped with an over easy fried egg. Seriously to die for good.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:36 PM

Yummmm.......stacked enchiladas! I think I'll spend the night in the dining car in anticipation of tomorrow's goodies.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Siodach View Post
Hi all, I'm hopping aboard for a second get-go-round, I fair enjoyed my first trip...

For the adventurous, I've brought some haggis, neeps and totties with whisky sauce for the buffet car - goes great with oatcakes.....

Cheers, Kate
Scottish Haggis is a good sausage, and like any sausage you don't want to know what is in it. It has been so long since I have had neeps Thanks!! What do you have for desert??? Any Dime bars or a Dairy Milk? I'll even take a Crunchie bar!
Old 09-18-2014, 05:15 PM

Just remembered this mystery started, so I'm in just have to look thru my stash. Apple crisp in the dining car. Love every ones choices so far!
Old 09-18-2014, 07:10 PM
Power Poster

Billi, sounds yummmy, I'm in for that.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:24 PM

Hello ladies! I have been lurkin here on the train for awhile and I am thinkin... maybe, just maybe, it is time to hop onboard with both feet and join the fun! Err.. no haggis though, okay? ~ Now I am a gonna go sift through the fabric museum and find my five!
Old 09-18-2014, 10:29 PM

Ok, here is my first stab at plundering the stash.. 2 different options. Please, tell me what ya'll think. The two color possibilities in slot C (yellow or lite green), they are both small, only 19 inches each, so they are in the only spot they will fit in...
The dark blue (E) and the print (D), jumped at me the moment I walked in the museum, so they became my working base...
The second option, Yellow C, the yellow is really yellowier.. it is a fairy frost so the light is reflecting off, making it look whiter...
The first option shown , Greenie C, is probably closer to true colors overall.
Weird, since it is same camera, same location.. technology is too weird sometimes...
Tomorrow I wil probably go search through the stash again to see if a different option grabs me...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	train1.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	492247   Click image for larger version

Name:	train 2.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	492248  
Old 09-19-2014, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Dedemac View Post
Scottish Haggis is a good sausage, and like any sausage you don't want to know what is in it. It has been so long since I have had neeps Thanks!! What do you have for desert??? Any Dime bars or a Dairy Milk? I'll even take a Crunchie bar!
Dairy milk choc is definitely available, with or without hazelnuts, and I can do crunchie bars any time. Mars Bars deep fried in batter is an order-only item tho, lol.

My own preference is for Pan Drop mints tho, if I can find them. I like to keep a supply in the car for long journeys, and this train ride certainly qualifies there....

Cheers, K
Old 09-19-2014, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Bluelady View Post
Ok, here is my first stab at plundering the stash.. 2 different options. Please, tell me what ya'll think. The two color possibilities in slot C (yellow or lite green), they are both small, only 19 inches each, so they are in the only spot they will fit in...
The dark blue (E) and the print (D), jumped at me the moment I walked in the museum, so they became my working base...
The second option, Yellow C, the yellow is really yellowier.. it is a fairy frost so the light is reflecting off, making it look whiter...
The first option shown , Greenie C, is probably closer to true colors overall.
Weird, since it is same camera, same location.. technology is too weird sometimes...
Tomorrow I wil probably go search through the stash again to see if a different option grabs me...

Hi blue lady, I love your d fabric it's wonderful I see why it jumped at you and yelled pic me pic me. Both combinations are so rich they remind me of a chest of jewels. I think I prefer the top one just a touch.