Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Storm At Sea >

Storm At Sea

Storm At Sea

Old 09-24-2014, 05:51 AM
Power Poster

Default Storm At Sea. Back On Track

Sometimes life gets in our way, and we have to do other things. lol. A friend wanted a huge dog bed made with Atlanta Falcons material for her dog, To have for football season Bless her . she knows nothing about sewing, and she brought me some cotton material with Atlanta Falcons symbols on it.Well i felt of it once, and knew her poodle, Samson, was not going to like it. So i went and purchased some fleece, knowing with winter coming on, and the softness of it, Samson would love it. Then a friends daughter is having a birthday in a couple of weeks. She will be 8, what a great age, and she collects bears. She was wanting a small quilt to use with them . Done! And then machine decided to act up, lol. The bobbin stopped working , and after having spent hrs on it. I was dressed and ready to head out the door, was gonna go buy me a new one, when my son decided he would take a look. He tore it down. got his blower he cleans computers out with, and gave it a great cleaning. LOL looked like a dust storm in here from the blowing. oiled it also. and then returned it back to working order. Then he threaded it and wow, lol it was right back working great. Now here are the 2 next units. The last of the diamond units, with dark diamonds and white triangles.This is unit 4, and it takes one D6, two T25, and two T25r. We had to make 60 of these. the second unit is unit 5 and is made up of one S4 and four T9, and is one of the easiest units to make We made36 of these. Here are some pics of each, and also one of all out units that we have done so far. We only have one more unit to make. and then we get to start assembling it, which is the fun part, when the pattern starts showing up and u can begin to see the waves. And as always if u have any questions please feel free to ask As always thanks for tunning in to the crazy world of Ninnie's Quilting
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Storm At Sea  Units 4 and 5 003.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	492898   Click image for larger version

Name:	Storm At Sea  Units 4 and 5 001.JPG
Views:	222
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	492899   Click image for larger version

Name:	Storm At Sea Units 1,2,3,4,and 5 finished 001.JPG
Views:	222
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	492900  
Old 09-24-2014, 06:00 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by AngeliaNR View Post
Is your pattern in a book? I've seen instructions on line, but I need sizes and number clearly written out, so I can follow them, and I don't know which book or pattern instructions are best. Any recommendations?
Well i have had my book for years, it is Marsha McCloskey's QUICK CLASSIC QUILTS. She has several books, and this one was printed back in 1996. So I went on line and started looking and girl. well i found a copy for sale at last lol Here is the link http://www.kijiji.ca/v-hobbies-craft...ilts/465567482 I love this book a lot. And it says it is only 5 dollars and I do hope it is still available. Please let me know if u get it.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Ninnie View Post
Starting a new quilt today.Doing a Storm At Sea in Batiks. This pattern was the first quilt I ever made, years ago. Made it for my son Bo when he left home for College. Last year he brought it to me and said "Mom think my quilt needs patched". and then we took a look. Well guys there was no patching it, but u know what, it had been truly loved and used, which is what I love to see done with my quilts. So then he ask if i would make him another quilt.And I said yes son I will.I said, do u what to look through some of my designs and choose one, and he said, nope, want another Storm At Sea. Well, i have never made the same pattern twice, lol, always wanting a new challenge. But, for my son, I agreed. So, I choose lots of dif Batiks from Mary Jo's, and yes i did sneak a few extra in the order for me , Here is a pic of the materials. and the first peces cut out. These are the 60 dark fabric diamonds that will be used in it.
s

I much prefer SAS in the classic "sea" colors, dark blue, light blue and white. But your collection is very attractive.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Fur can you tell me where you found the 2.5 gallon ziplocks? I can only find the 1 gallon sized. I've asked everyone on the board but never an answer, you can private message me if it's a big secret lol
Jeri
If all esle fails, order thru WalMart on line.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:49 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie View Post
If all esle fails, order thru WalMart on line.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...k+%2Caps%2C261
you can order them from Amazon 5th row down
Old 09-24-2014, 06:51 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie View Post
I much prefer SAS in the classic "sea" colors, dark blue, light blue and white. But your collection is very attractive.
well to each his own, but i like the old fashioned original look for this quilt. It was first designed as a scrap quilt.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:31 PM

Ninnie -

Glad all is well with you and you are enjoying life - planned and unplanned. Your new pics are great, and it's fun watching your progress. Looking forward to the next chapter!

Darren
Old 09-24-2014, 09:38 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by wesing View Post
Ninnie -

Glad all is well with you and you are enjoying life - planned and unplanned. Your new pics are great, and it's fun watching your progress. Looking forward to the next chapter!

Darren
thanks, lol will be working on it tommorow
Old 09-24-2014, 10:59 PM

Ninnie you rocks! Love this thread and i can't wait to see the top. Like the tip to crease the pieces to match. Thank you!
Old 09-25-2014, 07:50 AM

Same as blahel. I will be following post. I want to do one too and the ones I have seen, seem to all have a color scheme so to speak. I have more stash than a small quilt store and want to do a scrappy one. Guess I should buy the pattern and practice with it.