Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-29-2014, 05:03 PM

Hey!!!!! it worked.

Doing the happy dance here.

FG
Old 09-29-2014, 05:48 PM

Hi everyone,
I bought a Singer 327, its in very good condition, the cords and green bobbin winder tire are all supple and no cracks at all. It came with about 12 bobbin and the original owner's manual, also in perfect condition. All for $37 at Salvation Army store. I need the top for the case, I have the plastic bottom part with the hinges. Does anyone have one?
Thank you,
Sharon in Texas
P.S: the bad part was I managed to smash and slice my right
index finger when I tried to take the mis-matched cover off, had to take a trip to the urgent care clinic.

Last edited by purplefiend; 09-29-2014 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:15 PM

Red face

Originally Posted by My Pieds View Post
Hey!!!!! it worked.

Doing the happy dance here.

FG
What pretty decals!
Old 09-29-2014, 09:35 PM

Sorry about your finger Sharon. Ouch! I hope it heals soon and well.
Rodney
Old 09-30-2014, 06:34 AM

My Pieds. It looks like a Davis made to me. Not the vertical feed model, rather the conventional underfeed model, which was sald through other retailerd like Sears as one of the many variations of Minnesota Model A. Maybe Jon or Steve or Macybaby willl have better info...
Old 09-30-2014, 08:09 AM

Thank You Blueheaven,

I think so too and once I get him all oiled up I'm sure he'll sparkle and roll like new. I can't wait to get lost in thought of the kinds of garments that he turned out for the "elite society I'm told that came in to the tailor shop" while sewing on him.

Blissings

FG
Old 09-30-2014, 08:47 AM

Yes Jim, it is a conventional feed. I'm so used to them that I didn't even give that part a thought and I thank you for bringing it in to my awareness. I will put that on my check point list that I am working on for future purchases/research.

This is actually the machine that prompted me to get a check list together because even though I was looking right at the hanging down bobbin winder guide and new something was missing I couldn't shake it out of my head. lol

The next day when I finally got the chain lift mechanism working again and had a chance to get a real good look at it, then it glared right at me.

I called the seller and left a message asking her to see if she had a silver dollar with fine sharp teeth around the edge and a smaller possibly heart shaped disc screwed on it. Nope... she left a message back she didn't.

Two hours later she called again and said she went through her sewing kits and found one I can pick it up. I did and it's to big, I do think it will fit one of my other machines though, if I ever have to change one out.

Enough of my ramblings and yes I do hope the people you mentioned can help with information on getting the needed part.

Thanks again Jim

Blissings

FG
Old 09-30-2014, 12:04 PM

Like this Davis? [URL="http:// http://m.ebay.com/itm/181538291500?nav=VI"]
Old 09-30-2014, 02:19 PM

Jim, It's very close and I see some differences between the two and in looking at the pic on ebay.

I now see another part that is missing on mine.

It is the screw with a round eye in the middle of the underbed towards the front lip. Thanks
I'll look for that piece too and add it to my check list.

By the way I started uploading my pre clean up pics in the album so I have reference points as I work along.

FG
Old 10-08-2014, 11:50 AM

I haven't posted in a while, but I got a new toy today. Always wanted one. It is not the prettiest of them, but for my area, it is only the second lotus or handcrank I have seen for sale, and when I found the combo, had to jump. I am trying to figure out how to resize the photos on a new computer. Happy dance!!