Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 10-03-2014, 05:26 AM

you don't necessarily need to bind but please edge it carefully Linny. I am hoping everyone take time and make something that will be much loved by the recipient. I have now 23 official sign ups! yahoo! yippee! bet there will be lots more as the day draws closer. I am excited to see what everyone makes and receives. I have faith that we will have a tremendous success rate here of people who follow through with their commitments. I have had swaps were several people just disappeared and did not come through. they received but did not send. If you think you might be one of those people don't sign up. Its unfair to those who do the right thing and I want to receive notification from you if you have an emergency and cant finish in time. This gives me time to find another partner for yours so no one is upset or hurt. This is not a big request truly its not. Just send a note and I will take care of it and find an angel for your partner. I hope that is clear! I think mug rugs are pretty cool too jaunitabean! I could use them for each and every holiday I think a hot cup of tea on a cold winter day... nothing better. toss in oh a couple sugar cookies.. and I am very happy indeed.

SIGN UP NOW AND JOIN THE FUN! send a PM with your name address and phone number to me plus any color choices that might help your partner make something you would love example: do you love cats? say so, do you love reds? say so.. do you drink coffee or tea or hot chocolate? maybe include that too... I will forward your wish list to your SECRET PAL and hopefully that will help your partner make something you will love. ideas are welcome. or post them here and if your lucky your partner will scope out this site and find any posts you might have left. I suggest going to your partners main information page and learning what you can about them to help you come up with your design. maybe they adore southwestern patterns or they make a ton of civil war quilts.. or they are into modern design.. secret information to help you get creative. I hope that you stretch your design creativity based on your partners sense of style. some are all over the place. I am one of those people. lol. I love vintage! I love cats, and everything holiday and fish lol and very traditional design but also love applique and florals and... the list goes on and on everyone has a different sense of style. oh this will be fun!
Old 10-03-2014, 11:10 AM

I've signed up. Looking forward to making something special for someone special.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:18 PM

I'm in, how did I almost miss this?
Now for a secret: I've never made a mug rug..never had one either...I've seen pics, thought they were cute, even thought one would make a great mini quilt, then kept going.
Another secret: I don't drink coffee...........Pause included for y'all to gasp.
Never have drank coffee, sorry it's just too bitter, even all "dolled up" with sugar, cream, flavorings, mocha-ized, latte-sized, etc.
But I love Coca Cola. And sweet tea, and hot chocolate. I figure a mug rug can also be a soda holda, right?
K
PS Brat has a mug rug in her albums, it's a pig, I collect piggy stuff, I bookmarked her lil piggy, as it's darling!

Last edited by kiffie2413; 10-03-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:50 PM

Oh, what the heck. I guess I'll join in also. What's another project on top of my other gazillion??? I'll send a PM soon.
Kif, you and I are a lot alike. I have never drank coffee either. Don't like anything mocha flavored. Give me sweet tea, hot chocolate and Pepsi. That's the only difference.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by klaws View Post
Oh, what the heck. I guess I'll join in also. What's another project on top of my other gazillion??? I'll send a PM soon.
Kif, you and I are a lot alike. I have never drank coffee either. Don't like anything mocha flavored. Give me sweet tea, hot chocolate and Pepsi. That's the only difference.
Klaws, you and I are definitely sisters in another life...or galaxy...

K
Old 10-03-2014, 02:03 PM
Power Poster

Kiffie and Klaws, I too hATE coffee, but love cold teas, hot cocoa and sodas. I use my mug rugs for those drinks.
I love cats and the beach, I'm still on the fence, gotta see what my commitments are. we have a day or so yet, right?
Old 10-03-2014, 02:07 PM
Power Poster

What is the last day for signups?
I need to finish my mystery quilt first and get the Christmas stuff in the mail.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:12 PM

I've never done any kind of swap before but sounds like fun. I'm kinda nervous but I think I'll just go for it! Sending PM.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:26 PM

Ok, I'm in!! I love mug rugs and I only have one!! (need more!!!) PM-ing now.....
Old 10-03-2014, 02:50 PM

I don't drink coffee or tea but I do drink Hot Chocolate and sodas. I do love making Mug Rugs