Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 10-06-2014, 12:47 PM

Weird that is posted twice.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:56 PM

That piggy is sew cute!
Old 10-06-2014, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by dfelker View Post
Weird that is posted twice.
All pics are posting twice, from what I've read, it's a QB glitch.
K
Old 10-06-2014, 03:14 PM

After reading all the posts here, I realize I put all my info into the PM I sent to Elisabrat. Maybe I should try to give some ideas where others can see them. The thing is though I've never done a swap before, nor have I made a mug rug but have seen so many cute ones, I'm looking forward to it. Actually I don't have favorite colors. Usually choose fabrics according to the person I'm making a quilt for. Most of them my grandkids who range in age from toddlers to teens! I do love good strong coffee. We have a little Maltese dog who is the king of our house. Love travelling in our motorhome and spend a few months at the gulf coast of Texas. Love the beach and the seafood. I just love hand made items, so go for it. It can't be wrong for me!
Old 10-06-2014, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by suern3 View Post
After reading all the posts here, I realize I put all my info into the PM I sent to Elisabrat. Maybe I should try to give some ideas where others can see them. The thing is though I've never done a swap before, nor have I made a mug rug but have seen so many cute ones, I'm looking forward to it. Actually I don't have favorite colors. Usually choose fabrics according to the person I'm making a quilt for. Most of them my grandkids who range in age from toddlers to teens! I do love good strong coffee. We have a little Maltese dog who is the king of our house. Love travelling in our motorhome and spend a few months at the gulf coast of Texas. Love the beach and the seafood. I just love hand made items, so go for it. It can't be wrong for me!

Happy to have you join the "swapper club".
I'm not new to swaps, but I've never made nor received mug rugs, either.
This will be fun, though..for all of us!
K
Old 10-06-2014, 08:09 PM

Im in pmd you, I have not made one before,but cant be to hard.Very excited to make one.I will like anything,love kitty and doggie prints,Bright colors are fine. Just love homemade things.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:47 PM

WOHOO... I love making mug rugs... I am IN on this one......YIPEE.... Tons of ideas.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:16 AM

I told myself, "Self stop making commitments." But self said "you need to stay busy, keeps you motivated." So Elisabrat I pm'd you. This will be my first Mug Rug, I have been drowling over so many on the web and just never made one. I think I make these commitments to force myself to explore. I had even bought a mug rug book couple of months back, but still didn't make one, so I need a commitment to stop the procrastination.
I do drink coffee, beer, tea, coke, water, and milk, so any kind of mug rug is fine in a vintage look. Colors to you choice. If you are my partner, I do HQ. My MQ'ng is the pits.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:20 AM

Gannyrosie this is such a small project you may surprise yourself how easy it is to quilt it by machine the largest I can quilt easily is a table runner then I give up myself and send it to Kelly (themamahauser) or Jan (Jaba) to get things done correctly.

We have almost 60 sign ups! I will spend a while figuring out gets who and promise to send a copy of the email that I received from your partner with all the wish lists on them. Some have specific desires and others are open to anything you send so wait to start sewing til you get your name!

Sign ups close in 3 days so get in now! SEND A PM to me to sign up Do not sign up in this blog I need a PM so I can make sure your in. I will send you back a PM letting you know that I received your PM. remember to include your name, address phone number and what colors or things you like so your partner has an idea of what most might make you happy if you don't send me a request list you will get what you get. NOTE: this is a request list not a must have. some people might not have what you want specifically but will surely try. I am looking forward to the beginning of the sneak peaks.. no one knows who their partner is so its ok to show a bit of your mug rug to tease everyone.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:23 AM

Just sent a PM - this sounds like a lot of fun!