Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt >
  • Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt

• Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt

Old 10-05-2014, 06:39 AM

Default Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt

Hi everyone. I did my first BH mystery quilt last year and I'm going to try again this year. I think I remember being given color recommendations in October for the last one, but other than a few mentions of the new mystery, I haven't seen anything about a time line. Do any of you know about when things will start happening? I'm pretty sure she mentioned that this one won't be as labor intense as last year, so I'm willing and looking forward to doing this one! Thanks in advance.
    Old 10-05-2014, 06:50 AM

October l5th is the date the color choices (or suggestions) are supposed to come out.
    Old 10-05-2014, 06:53 AM

Thanks Emma. I remember you were a big inspiration to me last year. I'm hoping we'll have another ongoing discussion about our progress this year too!
    Old 10-05-2014, 06:58 AM
    Power Poster

The first clues always start after Thanksgiving. Bonnie is staying up in her Quiltvilla a little longer this week to work on personal projects. I bet she is sewing up the sample!
    Old 10-05-2014, 08:25 AM
    Power Poster

All the information about the mystery quilt has been and will be on her blog. Some past mystery quilts are there under free patterns but some are taken off the free list if she is using them in a book. My favorite mystery pattern has been Double Delight and it's still a free one.
    Old 10-06-2014, 04:43 PM

I am looking forward to doing this mystery quilt as it goes along!
    Old 10-07-2014, 05:11 AM

I plan to make the mystery quilt as well. I made Celtic Solstice (KS), which felt like it took f-o-r-e-v-e-r to complete. I just got it back from my LAQ. I plan to sew the binding on this week so that I can hand-stitch it down. My goal is to have it completely finished before the Intro and color selection for the next mystery is announced on 10/15!!
    Old 10-07-2014, 11:36 AM

Hello Nilla, I hear a lot of talk about Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilts. And I have heard of mystery quilts before. But have never done one because I don't know what a mystery quilt is or how to get started on one. Can you or any of the other board members help me understand what this mystery quilt thing is all about please.
    Old 10-07-2014, 03:00 PM

BKB: I hope Nilla won't mind my providing an answer. The main idea is you are given a general set of instructions about fabric color choices but that is all. Then in the following weeks, or months you are given instructions on steps to begin to construct your project. You are choosing fabric and constructing blocks that you have no idea how they are going to go together. Right now I am participating in one by "Paint me Judy", she has done six now with amazing results. The exact name doesn't come to mind but if you search under the Round Robin section you will see some that have "train ride" in the title, those are hers. Not knowing where you are going and having the quilt revealed a little every week is a whole lot of fun.
    Old 10-07-2014, 03:31 PM

I am hoping to do the Bonnie Hunter Mystery this year. Just started watching Bonnie this year so I am excited.