Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accu quilt >

Accu quilt

Accu quilt

Old 10-08-2014, 05:52 AM

I have the GO cutter, have had it for about 3 years now, and I can't imagine quilting without it. I love it so much that I ordered the GO Big (the electric one). I am in the process of making 3 king size black and white quilts. The pattern is Optical Illusions and I needed close to a zillion 2" strips. I only cut 4 layers of fabric at a time but it totally amazed me how quickly I was able to get them all cut out,. The first quilt I made with the go was a 9 patch King that required more 2 1/2" squares than I ever would have tried to cut with a rotary cutter. The squares cut so perfectly and sewed together so perfectly that I have been a GO addict ever since. My 2" strips are going together perfectly, too. I really couldn't quilt without my GO. I have never regretted buying it. One of the best purchases I have made for quilting.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:17 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by juliea9967 View Post
I have never regretted buying it. One of the best purchases I have made for quilting.
How I feel too. It's funny to me to hear complaints from others at guild about the cost of one when each are sewing on a thousands of dollars sewing machine. Give me a vintage machine and my Go and I can make any quilt.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:04 AM

Well, you've all convinced me to get my Go out of the closet and use use use it! Thank you all!
Old 10-08-2014, 09:53 AM

I need to get one of these, every time I cut something out with my rotary cutter I pull a muscle on my side.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:17 AM

OK all you wonderful people, it is ordered! The only problem is I have to wait until NOVEMBER to get it! I hope they made a mistake and it gets here sooner. I have another wk in sling before therapy. I'll be good and ready for it by then. Thanks to all!
Old 10-08-2014, 12:26 PM
Power Poster

Did you go with the electric? They are brand new, which is why they are taking pre-orders for November. You will be among the first to have the electric version!
Old 10-08-2014, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by quiltinglady-1 View Post
I have the Studio and love it. I only use 4-6 layers in my Studio, but I have a friend who really put it to the test when she borrowed it and it came back still working. Compared with the Go, I think the Go is a little harder to use, especially if you have more than four layers, and if you are having shoulder problems, then you might want the electric one if you can afford it. I think you will like not having to fight with it.
Good luck and welcome to the board. It's a great place.
I also had the Go and the Baby. I sold those and bought the Studio. I love it particularly for my strips. I have cut up to 8 layers of batik with it. I have an assortment of Go, Studio, and Sizzix dies that I use in it. I use an adapter for the Go and Sizzix dies. It is definitely easier than the Go. I agree that electric one might be useful if your shoulder is really bad and you can afford it. I am not sure how many layers you can cut with it.

I would also recommend buying Ebony Love's book, " The Big Little Book of Fabric Die Cutting Tips." She has some good information in it about fabric die cutting and machines.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:03 PM

I've had mine 6 months and love it, love it!! Today I saw in a magazine the new one they have that might be perfect for you. It's an ELECTRIC one, so no problem with cranking Take a look at it at www.accuquilt.com/gobig1 Sorry that I don't know the price, but it could be "priceless" for you. Good luck. I know I'm piecing faster than ever because of all the time I'm saving in cutting things out.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:07 AM

I have GO and when the new electric one comes out I will anxiously read reviews.....then probably order one as my ME-gift for Christmas........like mentioned by Onebyone....compared to costs of other things we buy to make our lives easier this is acceptable.......
Old 10-09-2014, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by silverfoxmag View Post
Well, you've all convinced me to get my Go out of the closet and use use use it! Thank you all!
Me, too. Was fixing to list mine with all the never used dies and mats for sale. Now I'm going to keep it and try it.

Diane K M,
Happy you bought the electric one, can't wait to hear what you think!
And hope your shoulder heals super fast!
Kif