Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What to do with them now? >

What to do with them now?

What to do with them now?

Old 09-29-2014, 07:40 PM

Baloonatic,
Your log cabin quilt is beautiful! I make mine scrappy like you do.
Sharon in Texas
Old 09-29-2014, 11:47 PM

You can always send them to me because i think they are quite lovely. Seriously, you can donate them to a family who has lost everything due to some type of disaster. I can assure you the new owners would love and appreciate your gift.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:33 AM

It's gorgeous and I don't think it;s out of style at all! I would be glad to put that on my bed!
Old 10-09-2014, 09:11 AM

I think the quilt above is beautiful! My sister made me a blanket in peach 29 years ago for my weddingand I love it still to this day. I have changed my bedroom many times but I always put the blanket either on the bed or in the family room for snuggling. I would cherish a gift like this no matter the color because it was made with love. If you have no one else to hand it down to then the Women's Shelter would love it I am sure. Or you could certainly sell it. "Antiques" are in, right? I don't know how old somethind has to be to be considered an antique, but you made this beautifully. Just be at peace with either decision because someone will love it a new!
Old 10-09-2014, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

You can leave it tied but I would quilt it enough to keep it together to reinforce incase it got picked.
Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
I would go ahead and donate it. Only because I would never get around to doing the quilting. I have a Christmas quilt now that every year I intend to take it apart and quilt it - but never do, too many other projects get in the way. But it would probably be better for the shelter if it were quilted instead of tied. I say that only because when people are nervous they tend to pick at loose threads.

It looks wonderful!