Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Gotta Haves/Wish List >

Gotta Haves/Wish List

Gotta Haves/Wish List

Old 10-09-2014, 11:27 AM

I love my Martelli Rotary cutter, my hand's free lighted magnifying glass I use to thread hand sewing needles, my thread snips, and last but not least, my fancy Gingher scissors. On my wish list is more light in my area, another ironing board so I can share my ironing space with my kitties, a couple of 6" x 24" rulers and more time to create.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Monale View Post
EQ7 is definitely on my wish list but just too expensive... Getting a couple of rulers (so far I only have one 6x12 inch ruler) is also on my wish list and much more within reach!
A little tidbit for folks....The Electric Quilt Co is fabulous to work with. Do you know if you call them to order they will often work out a better price for you. This is true with shipping, their software, etc. I have had this experience more than once with them.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954 View Post
If I had the room and the expertise, I would love to have a long arm. I know it will never happen, but I do think about it from time to time.
i thought the same thing until this past weekend at AQS Des Moines. I bought the fabulous Juki 2200 QVP even with the Quilt Motion software! Never did I think that would be a reality. All I have ever seen were the $20,000-30,000+ machines!
i fell in love with my test drive of the Juki. My husband had the fantastic idea of negotiating with the Juki rep to buy the setup they had been using for Demo.....brand new out of the box just that weekend and lightly test driven. He got them to an in imaginable deal for us and they didn't have to disassemble, pack and haul back. Win win for all of us. So needless to say I am in 7th heaven! And as I know space is an issue, I currently have it set up as a 5ft since I mostly make laptop sizes. He even got them to throw in the 2 ft extension and as soon as it arrives I will extend it to 7 ft. Doesn't take up as much room as you would imagine. I still have the option of setting it up as a 10 or 12 ft but don't think I will ever need to.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
I so totally agree
I have a large table sized cutting mat that fits my entire cutting table...(59x36?) and it is great except that it is not self healing. One tip is to have a smaller cutting mat on hand (the self healing kind) to use for small cuts and just remove it when you have to cut something larger or need it to square a backing. I tend to use the same spot all of the time and there are grooves cut into the mat at that location.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:32 AM

For me the greatest invention is the Rotary Cutter. I do have 3 HST rulers but I never use them. I prefer my 6 and 12 inch rulers and my yard sticks. And I have found you can never have enough seam rippers-them dang things wonder off.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:20 AM

Soon to be released electric GO!
Old 10-10-2014, 05:08 AM

On my wish list is a sewing room big enough to store all my stuff, with room to add more stuff!

Donna
Old 10-10-2014, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by sewmini View Post
My wish is to have a long enough life to use up all my stash.
Me too! Too much fabric, too little time! But then I read a previous comment where someone sewed until she was 90. Hope that's me!
Old 10-10-2014, 05:50 AM

I love gadgets but the one I don't have YET that I really want is the Go! Most everyone that has one says they love theirs. I want a big board for my ironing board too. I just got a new quilting table (Tailormade Quilter's Vision) and I love it but it's still ok to want a couple more things right?
Old 10-10-2014, 07:24 AM

a set in machine
a working wall
good office type chair
iron and board
good light