Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
OCTOBER Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - signup closes September 30 >

OCTOBER Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - signup closes September 30

OCTOBER Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - signup closes September 30

Old 10-16-2014, 04:33 PM
Power Poster

Mary, are you afraid of balloons, or allergic to latex, like me???
great packaging though. Love that house too, had to go take another look at it.
This is such a great swap!!!
Everyone here needs to pat themselves on the back for doing such a great job.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:04 PM

I'm going to send tomorrow. I would have sent the pin cushion a couple days ago, but haven't been home much. We have to travel a long distance when we need things at walmart or home depot. I had to take DD car for a recall, that was 3 hours just the traveling, then had to go with DH on a business trip,that ended up wasting most of the day and today I had to go to the doctors. When I get home from a long trip I am physically done for the day. A lot of nice pkgs. coming. I hope my partners will like theirs. Well good night everyone.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:20 PM

Great news! My packages are headed west tomorrow! I braved the floods (really, I waited till after nap when it let up), saved a GIANT snapping turtle that was in the road (will upload picture when I figure out how to do that since last time I tried to upload pics I almost tossed my computer out the window), and survived the stores with 2 little munchkins and only 1 major disaster (any idiot who puts CD's in an "intersection" in a wobbly cardboard holder deserves to have them "dusted" off....er knocked all over the place, by a ditzy 3 year old who isn't looking where she's going LOL). However, mission accomplished. Packages are ready to go in the mail! I will say.... I added some fun filler, but it smells funky! Hopefully it was just the plastic bag it was in....but if it smells funky when you open it..... ditch the filler.

I had fun gathering the stuff and have a jump start on next month

One question... can we add a line for allergies on the questionairre? I wanted to grab recees in the worst way, but also know that peanuts are a huge allergin, and I just saw that Linnie is allergic to latex..... Oh, wait...maybe there is a line on there....I think I remember seeing one, but I'm not allergic to anything, so it doesn't always register with me.

OK, Klaws, I'll send tracking numbers when I have them in hand
Karyn
Old 10-17-2014, 08:19 AM
Power Poster

Just LOOK at my terrific swap from Jan Rutherford. She always makes such nice home made items. Isn't the little hanging cute? I think the sewing machine needlebook is my favorite. Also she made a nice tissue holder and a little coin bag. The pretty fabric everything is sitting on is a fat quarter she also sent. Jan does such nice hand stitching. I know she put a lot of time and work into this swap and I love it all and appreciate her hard work. Thanks so much Jan. Hugs Mary
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02817.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	273.3 KB
ID:	495586  
Old 10-17-2014, 08:24 AM

I just got a PM from Rosemary. She said that she was in the hospital the past couple days. That's why we haven't heard from her. They think it might be her heart but she has to wait until she sees her heart doctor next week. She said that she will post later. Let's all send her good wishes.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:30 AM

Hi Rosemary I hope that you are feeling better today, and hope you get good news next week. Sending prayers
Old 10-17-2014, 10:31 AM
Power Poster

Just in case you girls didn't see this link...

http://thesewingloftblog.com/2014/03...hion-patterns/
Old 10-17-2014, 12:22 PM

Mary you did get a good swap package from Jan. The hand stitiching is great and I love the fall fabrics, and such a cute needlecase. I hope your sister is doing OK.
OK not only do we have the Ebola scare here, but I just saw that an inmate in an Ohio prison has leprosy. I'm staying in the house. Not really, tomorrow I'm going to Tallmadge for a craft fair.
Old 10-17-2014, 01:48 PM
Power Poster

Pat, scares all over your town. Pat, I also heard leprosy is difficult to catch.
Mary, sending prayers to your sister. I think it' terrible that you have to wait that long to see what's up
with your own health. they know, why can't they tell you. Money I guess.
Mary, you also got a great swap pkg. such nice hand made items. I love hand made!

My mom said she did want 'any of my handmade stuff' for her birthday.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:53 PM

Rosemary I hope you will be home soon. I will pray for you. Guess I will have to make a prayer list so I don't forget anyone. My memory isn't as good as it use to be.