Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery Machines and Your Thoughts Please >

Embroidery Machines and Your Thoughts Please

Embroidery Machines and Your Thoughts Please

Old 10-01-2014, 05:03 AM

I just traded my Brother Quattro for the new Dream Machine. Its the top of the line. Many other people traded their machines in also. Go to a Brother dealer and look at used machine, there are plenty now (my local dealer had at least 35 machines traded in for the new one). I know my dealer cleans and services all machines before they are resold. You may be able to get more machine than you thought. Most designs need a 5 x 7 hoop so like everyone else said, get the biggest hoop you can afford.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:31 PM

Thank you all for your help. At least I have some machines to look at, already test driven by all of you...
Old 10-31-2014, 12:01 AM

I have the Brother Dreammaker XE. This is about the 4th Brother machine I have purchased, purely updating each time. They have an incredible amount of time saving thingies, loads of in-built designs, 4 sizes of hoops - comes with two, have purchased the 6x6 hoop - which I love using, tends to hold the fabric much firmer. I also find the Brother machine to be extremely user friendly. I like to combine quilting and machine embroidery, also love IN-the-HOOP designs.
Over time I have also used Singer, Janome - neither of which were embroidery machines - just straight sewers, these were also very reliable machines.
My suggestion would be to go to a dealer and have a demonstration of which every machine you might be considering, and any other that takes you fancy.
Good luck and enjoy once you have made your purchase.