Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Private showing of one lady's quilts >

Private showing of one lady's quilts

Private showing of one lady's quilts

Old 10-31-2014, 07:12 AM

Thanks for sharing these tell her she has a lot of support to bring her long arm machine back to where she wants it. Heck with the kids that don't see the joy it brings their mother.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:18 AM

great show, i vote for the green batik. Thx for sharing
Old 10-31-2014, 07:21 AM

Wonderful quilts & bless this lady for doing what she wants to do. Too bad about the long arm machine - it should go right back in place of the dining table! She's wonderful!
Old 10-31-2014, 08:34 AM

What a wonderful gift the quilter has -- a perfect balance of seriousness and lightness -- patriotism and fantasy -- those butterflies! It's a real shame that as we age our offspring revert to their teenage years : they "know it all" once again, and do not see our needs to continue to be recognized as the creative and functioning people we have been for so very long! Just because we are older, doesn't mean someone else needs to make decisions for us! Thanks for posting these -- if they have internet, it would be wonderful for them to realize how much we are all enjoying this body of work.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:39 AM

Very well said. She is a busy lady and should be able to do what SHE likes.
Originally Posted by Ariannaquilts View Post
Thanks for sharing these tell her she has a lot of support to bring her long arm machine back to where she wants it. Heck with the kids that don't see the joy it brings their mother.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:15 AM

No internet connection which is a shame. But his eye sight is getting worse...do not know details. I met them for the first time yesterday. Reportedly, they have some 700 quilts and quilt tops done in their home. She took her old machine in for service and the repair guy stole it and replaced it with another one...and it did not work very long for her, so they saved and bought another machine. And their kids....they return for $$$$ and to criticize their 'housekeeping' ....e.i., dust everywhere....according to them...I did not see a thing wrong. It was cleaner than mine! I did tell them to live in their house their way, so no one is saying anything different on QB than what I said to them.

I will continue to work with them to document their quilts and tops....and making it into an album for them...as long as my neighbor and their friend....will take me there. Wonderful couple, full of life and fun, and enjoy their good times together...even though she does yell at him from time to time on where to find things, as I yell at my spouse from time to time, they help one another like we do with each other. Their home was comfortable and welcoming, as they are to visiting guests.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:16 AM

what a wonderful show god bless you for showing it to us and i am with you make the house comforable for them not the kids
Old 10-31-2014, 09:40 AM

Awesome! It is really amazing to find someone who lives to create beauty for others. I pray the Lord blesses them greatly.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:51 AM

Her quilts are beautiful!

I agree with you - long arm should be in the dining room; the table is not necessary for their lifestyle.

Sometimes kids are a pain in the patootie...
Old 10-31-2014, 09:59 AM

700 quilt tops in their home? With this couples persmission, someone should start selling them on Ebay or donating them to charity so that their children don't trash them when this creative couple has gone to their reward.

I see many beautiful quilts and other home made things in Good Will - it kind of makes me sick to think that family didn't care enough to treasure them, and very sad at the possibility that the creators had no family to treasure them.

I forgot to thank you for visiting them and encouraging them. There's nothing like pleasant company when you can't get out of your home easily.

Last edited by cathyvv; 10-31-2014 at 10:01 AM.