Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Up Date - My completed/moved into sewing studio. >

Up Date - My completed/moved into sewing studio.

Up Date - My completed/moved into sewing studio.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:57 PM

Looks amazing. I imagine there will be many beautiful things completed there.
Old 11-02-2014, 06:08 AM
KLO

Had to go back and look through your photos once again to try to pick up some ideas. I noticed your thread peg board and the ruler peg board on the side of your table. Great ideas! Also noticed the dog bed on the floor. Does you dog like to spend time with you in there? I have a fairly small room (not complaining because it is all mine, just saying) and for some reason my dogs want to come in so I had to put a couple of beds down but geez, I have almost tripped over them a number of times.

Someone else asked where you live because of the metal building. I am curious also as to how you stay cool and warm although I do see a ceiling fan which I also have. We had to install in-the-wall heating/cooling units for the studio and the workshop when we built our outbuilding.

Last edited by KLO; 11-02-2014 at 06:11 AM.
Old 11-02-2014, 06:19 AM

Drooling in delight!!!! When can we come visit?????
Old 11-02-2014, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by ppquilter View Post
Okay so you know we need pics of the fabric storage area right? What type of heating do you have in there? So with the metal walls inside how will you be hanging your work around the room? Love the room by the way and the break area too with tv to catch the local quilt show right!
I will get pictures of the store room soon. I have central air and heat. Right now I am using magnets to hang stuff. I will probably use those stick on removable hangers. If it is something I think I will never move I can use screws.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by silverfoxmag View Post
Just curious, where is this building in relation to your home? BTW, I should've said "Awesome Space"!
It is just across from the driveway, maybe 50'. The building does not have any plumbing, but that is ok, because I need to get up and move every so often.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:16 AM

I am green with envy. My friends can't believe I have a room just for sewing. Your space would boggle their minds. Enjoy
Old 11-02-2014, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Sandi.G View Post
Wow! I think that I just died and went to heaven. What kind of longarm do you use?
It is a Tin Lizzy Ansley. I am just learning.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by janetter View Post
Congratulations to you!!! Hope to have something this nice when I retire in 4-5 yrs LOVE IT
I hope you do to. This my retirement plan. I have to get it while I have the means to do so.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by KLO View Post
Had to go back and look through your photos once again to try to pick up some ideas. I noticed your thread peg board and the ruler peg board on the side of your table. Great ideas! Also noticed the dog bed on the floor. Does you dog like to spend time with you in there? I have a fairly small room (not complaining because it is all mine, just saying) and for some reason my dogs want to come in so I had to put a couple of beds down but geez, I have almost tripped over them a number of times.

Someone else asked where you live because of the metal building. I am curious also as to how you stay cool and warm although I do see a ceiling fan which I also have. We had to install in-the-wall heating/cooling units for the studio and the workshop when we built our outbuilding.
Yes the dogs come in with me. They are usually pretty good just to lay in their bed. I live in central Missouri, hot in summer cold in winter. I have central air/heat.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:23 AM

Lucky you!!!! I'm jealous