Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 11-08-2014, 07:07 AM

My santee was supposed to receive her SS package yesterday but haven't heard. Perhaps she will post today, who knows? It's a;most time to leave for my fmq class. Will check in a few hours.
By the way, I love the banter and chit chat, please don't stop!
Old 11-08-2014, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by PeginCO View Post
COOKIES!!!!! Hooray, I love holiday baking! So...was it Penni who started this (sorry I've been reading A LOT to catch up)...a file was mentioned...does this mean there is a spot where all the recipes go and we can print them from that?

Well, regardless, I will bring out my best Christmas recipes tomorrow and try to decide which to share...chocolate carmel cookies? Holiday mix? Lemon poppyseed kolachkes, raspberry hazelnut trees? Oooooh! Maybe cranberry hootycreeks!

Yeah, and if I'm the recipient of home baked goodies, I'll do a backflip...or at least I'll wish I could. I sent too early to include homemade goodies...but I might just make up a lil' package and send it separate at some point for the fun of it. My SS was specific about what she wanted, though, and it is not my specialty. Wonder how firm she was on that...
Hi Peg...I've been copying the recipes so far to a word file. You make a really good point. How about once the reveal date has come and all the recipes are here, i'll organize them together in a word file and anyone who wants all of them can send me a PM and their email address and i send them the file??.....May take me til after the holidays, but.... Anyway, just a thought for those who are interested.
Old 11-08-2014, 07:30 AM

PenniF the cookie file sounds great. I don't really make cookies so don't have a favourite recipe to share, but a file of new recipies could get me started. Thanks
Old 11-08-2014, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
I have found the "her" gifts for Christmas, (I found them here- http://youtu.be/N4gSQmyO2m4) fabric to fit personality. Guys are getting homemade goodies. Gotta get them going...
What a cute bag! It'd make a wonderful tote, as well (a bit bigger)!
Old 11-08-2014, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by juneayerza View Post
Received my SS package today. Came from Colorado, my home state. I gently shook it, no sound; shook a little harder, no sound; shook for all it's worth, not a peep! Package very dense, no movement inside. Heavy for it's size. Secret Santa decorated it very nicely. Can you tell I'm working it for all it's worth LOL.
June, someone would like to know if your SS box made it to you, without being dented or smashed. It may (or may not) have been packed under a few (possibly too heavy) items, on its long, round-about trip to the post office. Seems it's had quite the adventure!
Old 11-08-2014, 09:43 AM

Nessie, please tell that someone the package came through its Trial and Tribulations without a hitch. That someone did a very nice job on packing. Sniffing is a way of life, is it not?
Old 11-08-2014, 10:03 AM

my santee's box just got changed again its bigger and has so much stuff in it and it even smells good
Old 11-08-2014, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by juneayerza View Post
Nessie, please tell that someone the package came through its Trial and Tribulations without a hitch. That someone did a very nice job on packing. Sniffing is a way of life, is it not?
Thanks, June! I'm sure someone will be VERY happy, to read that!

Yes, sniffing can tell a lot about a package, especially if one very gently squeezes the package, first.
Old 11-08-2014, 10:42 AM

Neesie, I use my ears more than my nose.
I can hear my husband sneak one potato chip from 1 floor and 3 rooms away.
And I can hear poly cotton...don't ask.
My sniffer not so much since the day as a youngun' when I saw the beautiful geraniums and thought they must smell as good as they looked. Took a gigantic whiff .... Yrerrckkk
Old 11-08-2014, 12:24 PM

Just took my apple dump cake out of the oven. It smells heavenly. It will be cool by the time I get ready to go to the hole after dinner. I'll be bringing apple dump cake and hard cider.