Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 11-11-2014, 12:30 PM

Now Neesie - we may have established you're older and wiser but - mhcpa (Michelle) - i surely do KNOW that just has to be for me.
Every year we'd travel in West Texas - and the cotton fields would have been picked...but there were always a few plants at the very edge of the field that were missed - my hubby would never stop so i could get myself a cotton boll....i just wanted one.....and i see you've added several....so i finally get my wish.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:29 PM

Neesie you did a great job on your first PP project and I suspect that your Santee will absolutely love it; just a guess. I really like PP, but your are right there can be some bulky seam junctions. Just like the rest of quilting there aren't any PP Police. I often combine PP and applique to get where I want to be on a project; it saves cuss words and hair pulling when I don't have to take seams out and do over because there is a big knot in the middle of something.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:20 PM

Veteran’s Day

As a Veteran, this is my day
However, I have something to say

I was proud to serve this country of yours and mine
Because this land has stood the test of time

We can still choose who we want to be and where we want to be
This country gives us the right and the privilege to be free

It is I who give the thanks
Old 11-11-2014, 02:26 PM

I'm happy to say that I mailed my SS package out yesterday. I didn't want to torture a sister quilter with a terribly long wait until opening day. Okay, if I'm really honest here, I'll admit that it was only ready to go for a few days. Now to settle in to wait for reveal day. Now I'm waiting on Santa's elves to drop something off to me!
Old 11-11-2014, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by juneayerza View Post
Neesie you did a great job on your first PP project and I suspect that your Santee will absolutely love it; just a guess. I really like PP, but your are right there can be some bulky seam junctions. Just like the rest of quilting there aren't any PP Police. I often combine PP and applique to get where I want to be on a project; it saves cuss words and hair pulling when I don't have to take seams out and do over because there is a big knot in the middle of something.
Thanks, June! That's what I did with the moon and chimney - just appliqued the pieces. The moon would have been especially ridiculous, as it had sooooo many pieces, to get the crescent shape. Instead, I found a piece of clip art, resized it, then just stitched it into place. I like the look of the appliqued moon better, anyway.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:40 PM

Thank you and may God bless you!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]498483[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	VeteranThanks.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	498483  
Old 11-11-2014, 05:20 PM

kept watching for mailman all day hoping for a package. Anastasia brought Adam,Shayla and the Brat home from airport and then give me ride to post office so I could mail out packages for another secret santa swap and the ornament swap. Just as we come up to post office, she says "Today is Veteran's Day, the post office wont be open". hadnt even crossed our minds til then. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. At least we didnt get that additional 4" they predicted--just a few swirls and blowing snowing. possibly a few flurries over next few days and about an inch predicted for Saturday. Thats Minnesota for you!
Old 11-11-2014, 05:41 PM

Dear Secret Santee, I sent your package with no wrapping paper. My conscience would not let me trade wrapping paper for gifts. Lucky you! You did not give me a lot to go on, but I do hope you are able to use most of it, including the funny shaped silver thing in a silver box....
Old 11-11-2014, 06:37 PM

A couple of things left to do before I mail latter in the week. My SS will get a nice full box, hope they will like the stuff I was able to stick in. It seems like life has taken too much of my time this year. There is much more I wanted to make and to add but time is pressing in. The only time I seem to get after work is either a few minutes sewing and time in the hole. Today is Vets day and I went up to our VFW for some SOS (well it was really roast beef and gravy) my SOS is chipped beef and white sauce. It was good but not SOS, I would like to thank all the other vets both female and male for their service. I enjoyed my time in the Navy and look back on it with fond memories.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:21 PM

Wow Dedemac....your SOS was HIGH CLASS....ours was always cooked ground beef in white gravy - which my mom made from the grease of the hamburger !! I shudder a little thinking about it now, cause grease and i don't get along very well......but I'm not ashamed to say that it was GREAT STUFF !!!