Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I am not a scrap booker but . . . >

I am not a scrap booker but . . .

I am not a scrap booker but . . .

Old 01-01-2010, 01:21 PM

I give my only cards to a school teacher. She uses them for the students art projects.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Power Poster

I think it sounds great. What a fun project.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Power Poster

Excellent idea...I am a rabid recycler...anything to save our little blue planet!
Old 01-02-2010, 12:03 AM

Sounds like a great idea. I don't scrapbook or make my own cards, but have several family members who do. I know they spend a lot of time and take great care in making their beautiful cards (much the way we take pride in our quilting). I feel terrible about not keeping the cards, so instead I cut the card on its fold and glue the front of it to a solid colored paper gift bag. With birthdays, Christmas, etc., I use the gift bags for the person who initially gave me the card. That way their card can be used again and again.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Power Poster

Sounds like a good idea to me, someone this year sent me a recycled card and I love it.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
Sounds like a great idea. I don't scrapbook or make my own cards, but have several family members who do. I know they spend a lot of time and take great care in making their beautiful cards (much the way we take pride in our quilting). I feel terrible about not keeping the cards, so instead I cut the card on its fold and glue the front of it to a solid colored paper gift bag. With birthdays, Christmas, etc., I use the gift bags for the person who initially gave me the card. That way their card can be used again and again.
That's a great idea. Thank you. Sure better than buying gift bags. I hate to wrap.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:02 PM

I've never sent out the cards recycled, but I have cut them up to make gift tags. It was always a good project to do with my daughter and now with my grandson. Fun....
Old 01-03-2010, 03:33 PM

Great minds think alike!! LOL I bought my blank crds at Walmart. Used material as background as well as parts of scenery, embellished with embroidery and added a little fairie or angel made with beach stones and shells. Here are a few examples. I will never buy a card again, thy are so expensive.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-62151.jpe
Views:	64
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	62156   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-62152.jpe
Views:	64
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	62157   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-62153.jpe
Views:	67
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	62158  
Old 01-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Power Poster

Being a quilter, I love the idea, and would love to receive one, but I would keep in mind that there is always that one person, who might not appreciate it.
Steer clear of those...or, lol, don't send a card...but if they sent one to you, well, send, and ignore?
Sometimes we do have to tell OURSELVES, it is the thought that counts.
Hubby had no idea what went into a quilt until he saw me make one in front of him. Now he is impressed :-D
Old 01-03-2010, 04:42 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by huntannette
Great minds think alike!! LOL I bought my blank crds at Walmart. Used material as background as well as parts of scenery, embellished with embroidery and added a little fairie or angel made with beach stones and shells. Here are a few examples. I will never buy a card again, thy are so expensive.
these are so cute!
I would love to do this, but I am doing good to do what I do.
It is a racket, the prices they put on the cards. I try to stock up on the 1.00 ones when I can.
These are real keepsakes for sure.:-D