Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you want for christmas? >

What do you want for christmas?

What do you want for christmas?

Old 11-17-2014, 07:17 AM

Default What do you want for christmas?

Do you have a wish for sewing present for christmas? Like presser feet, notions etc....

I need an idea what to buy for my mum...
Old 11-17-2014, 07:19 AM

Take her to a quilt shop and watch what she looks at and decides against. Ask her why? I really like gift cards........to quilt shops!
Old 11-17-2014, 07:23 AM
Power Poster

I agree. Take her on a fun road trip to her favorite quilting places. People always seem to misplace gift cards. I am sure she would enjoy spending the day with you.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:35 AM

It's kind of subjective. I might want something your mum already has. However, having said that.... the best quilting-related item I ever got was a gift certificate for quite a large amount to my favorite LQS. It was the gift that kept on giving, I literally used it all year long (well, okay, it lasted until August).

Another thing I do is make an Amazon Wish List with books, notions, etc. Anyone can view what's on my list. Maybe your mum has started one.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:37 AM

We don`t have a quilting shops in czech republic like you have in US.
I'm thinking more on some gadget. She likes sewing in general not just quilting.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:52 AM

I agree with ManiacQuilter2 -- if you can take her out on a little quilt day, maybe have lunch somewhere --that will mean more to her than anything. Time spent with loved ones is the best gift.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:56 AM

It really depends upon what she already has and what your price range is. Does she have a really good pair of sewing shears and/or pinking shears? What about a large cutting board and rotary cutter? She may like a new sweatshirt/T-shirt, with a sewing/quilting-oriented design on it. If she does a lot of hand sewing, a large sewing basket might please her. Into the sewing basket, add a new seam ripper, small sewing ruler, maybe a pair of small scissors, etc.

If she quilts a lot and doesn't already have one, a June Tailor Shape Cut Ruler would be wonderful. http://www.amazon.com/June-Tailor-Sh...hape+cut+ruler
Old 11-17-2014, 08:20 AM

As a mother, I'd love a trip to a quilt store or a gift card to my LQS. Neesie mentioned a June Taylor Shape Cut ruler. I have 4 in different sizes and I use one or two of them daily. They are such time savers and so accurate,
Old 11-17-2014, 09:30 AM

I would like to have Kim Diehl's newest quilt book, a yard each of various shirting fabrics, small Karen Kay Buckley scissors. I also would like to have a new broom and a cookie scoop.

I can never think of what I would like to have when my kids ask!
Old 11-17-2014, 09:44 AM

For years we have had an ongoing list on the side of the fridge as our family wish list. Throughout the year when we think of something we want we immediately write it on the list. We update that list after the Thanksgiving meal every year to add or subtract the items. This has worked well for us.