Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you want for christmas? >

What do you want for christmas?

What do you want for christmas?

Old 11-18-2014, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by zozee View Post
For your mum, how about a gadget that is a long-handled magnet so she can pick up pins and needles off the floor without having to bend so far over? I'm not sure there is one (I haven't looked) but I would love to have one if available.

Or can you sit with her and browse some favorite online shops ?
Check out the one Harbor Freight carriers..... Love it.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:30 AM

Default My wish list

I just found out Saturday that a guild member is selling her Sweet Sixteen!! I am SEW interested! I had just decided a week ago to take the plunge and here it is! I'm going to test drive it soon and see what I thing. My gift to ME!
LQS gift cards are always on my list.
We all make a list on Thanksgiving day after dinner of what we would like. Doesn't mean you'll get any of it, but a great guide!
Old 11-19-2014, 05:06 AM
dd

Does she have a rotating cutting board? That's on my list this year. I have also always wanted a real porcupine quill. You use it like a Purple Thang to help guide the fabric under the presser foot. Maybe a different size rotary cutter. I recently bought the small one for a project but wouldn't have bought it otherwise. I also want a new sewing machine with a large harp but I don't think Santa can fit that in his sack this year.lol
Old 11-19-2014, 05:50 AM

You can get these in an automotive store. They fold into themselves for easy storage.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:00 AM

A roller bag for my sewing machine. I go to retreats, work days twice a month and roller bag would be so helpful.
Second choice would be a nice quality jelly roll. (I prefer those with nuts and raspberry filling!) Tee-Hee-Hee. A jelly roll is a treat because I don't buy many pre-cuts.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:30 AM

Well, Prometka, as for myself, I think more in terms of things I use all the time, that have increased in price and that constantly have to be replaced like thread, hand sewing needles, blades for rotary cutter (if she has one). I think of a pack or two of very pretty buttons, a yard of pretty fabric you think she would like or maybe a pattern she mentioned she would like (either for sewing or quilting.
And I LOVE my extra fine, 1-7/8" long, glass headed pins that flow into fabric like butter and can be ironed over. A yard of light weight interfacing? Maybe fill a small basket with little items. Whatever you get your mother she will love it because you put so much thought into it.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:46 AM

Wonder Clips are such a terrific quilter's aid that I would think that your mom would like them. Yes they are a bit pricey, but they are such a wonderful aid in so many situations. And then there is fabric, how can you go wrong with fabric?
Old 11-19-2014, 08:52 AM
Power Poster

I don't want anything for Christmas. If and when I want something, I just go and get it. Works great for me.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:19 AM

Default Time

Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
Best gift my sister and I ever gave my Mom was organizing her sewing room. We spent two days folding, moving clearing out , etc. We purchased some lighting and a table , because after we cleared the room of the "stuff" it became apparent she needed more surface area. We also purchased some tall cabinets with doors. She has a good amount of fabric that had been damaged from too much direct sun light. At first she was a bit resistant, but now she is so proud of her tidy "new" space.
I know I would love it if someone gave me some of their time to help organize my space. It can feel like such a huge project when you tackle it by yourself.
Time given is a great gift,as we get older we seem to have most things we craved in the past.If not I think your time in organizing your Mums sewing room plus new storage was wonderful.Love Letty
Old 11-19-2014, 10:36 AM

Retractable magnetic wand is available at Harbor Freight. Also bought from them a couple of the magnetic 'bowls' to hold my pins. Great store to thinking about quilting when you browse around.