Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UFO Challenge of the Month 2010 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

Old 01-04-2010, 09:02 AM

I just finished a flannel snowman lap quilt ...... Scouts honor!!! My problem is that I'm not clever enough to post pics. Need DH to help me. I promise to post a pic as soon as I can get him to help me.

Whew! It felt good to finish that quilt ...... it has been hanging around since Fall of 2008.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:31 AM

Wow! Seeing those projects finished is inspiration to me! When my house settles, I'll get a chance to finally start. There's no place to sew when my daughters and friends come to visit. But, oh, the fun of the visit! :-D Tomorrow, I attack the UFOs. :lol: :lol:
Old 01-04-2010, 10:06 AM

12 sounds like about my UFO number. hope to at least get two done this year
clorice
Old 01-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by amma
I don't have enough UFO's yet for one a month for a year, but I will join to finish the ones I do have, and will happily cheer everyone else on :D:D:D

Amma! don't brag, lol!
I have 20, count 'em, 20 - IMMEDIATES, lol.
How do you get 20 projects done, immediately? well, they were immediates from cutting table, lol...
I am not, 'in' on this...good luck to the rest of you, though.
Oh, I am gonna work on my WIP'S...like k3n, it's a 'mind thing', I won't refer to any of my projects as UFO's...it's too intimidating to me...
(I have so many of those on the shelf, awaiting their turn, I will not count them).
Have fun, I can't put the pressure on myself to set a date.:-D
Old 01-04-2010, 04:18 PM
Power Poster

Ha Ha QnC....you are in...you just don't know it! As you finish those WIP's...(aka UFO)...post them so we can ooohhhh and awwwwww :wink:
Old 01-04-2010, 06:36 PM

Tormorrow, tomorrow...that seems to be my mantra
I have decided on which UFO to pull out, tomorrow....
red, white and blue log cabin with dark blue appliques stars, I WILL pull it out and start working on it. I WILL also load a quilt and get it completed.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:50 PM

I'm in on this one. I want to say I finished a big one early New Eve Morning, but it had been sitting a few months before I got to the binding, but I got it done and gave it to my sil on New Year Day. It is the Kool Katz I posted it on the board pictures. I sandwiched my nephew's quilt last night. This one has been sitting for about 6 years or so!! yeah and there is at least one more that I started the same year and one that is 10 years that I want to take apart and change the batting in. All together I think I have about 10 UFO's give or take a couple.
I am detemined to finish at least 1 more before I can start something new. Being I go back to work tomorrow that means it will probably be the weekend before I work on anything again so it might be slow going.
Muriel
Old 01-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Banned

Does it count if we start more UFO's? Just curious...LOL! I am dragging out all of my quilt tops that need to be quilted...this is not going to be a quick turn around..I have them stuffed every where I even took the unquilted quilt I had hanging on the wall tonight....it is time to finish these and get them quilted and binded.... then I will finish all of the other UFO's that are sitting around ..when I count it isn't that many----except the ones I just started...I am beginning to think I have ADD...starting all of these projects at the same time....
Old 01-05-2010, 03:13 AM

ok, I am in. I bet I can come nearly to the top of the list on a long time unfinished quilt. I started, back in roughly 1988, a cross stitch bear alphabet quilt for my first grand child. I know it takes me awhile to get things done hence why I started early. I was 25 at the time and now I am 46 hmmmmmm. I finished all the squares a year ago and have the top put together and the batting attached but I am stumped as to what to put on the back so it has gone into my UFO bin. Yes I have so many of them they have a bin of their own. Anyway this challenge has given me the motivation to complete at least on thing a month. I have a new years resolution to finish TWO UFO's before I start anything new so with these two combined I just might get some of them done this year.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by charismah
Does it count if we start more UFO's? Just curious...LOL! I am dragging out all of my quilt tops that need to be quilted...this is not going to be a quick turn around..I have them stuffed every where I even took the unquilted quilt I had hanging on the wall tonight....it is time to finish these and get them quilted and binded.... then I will finish all of the other UFO's that are sitting around ..when I count it isn't that many----except the ones I just started...I am beginning to think I have ADD...starting all of these projects at the same time....
Sure, you just cant count them as UFO's till next year, IF you don't finish!!
My goal is to FINISH twice as many as I START....