Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 11-24-2014, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317 View Post
Please don't get upset but this has nothing to do with secret santa nor is it a recipe.
This is a silly story of something that happened to me Sunday while cleaning my house in preparation for the Thanksgiving holiday.

Here are some house cleaning rules to follow. P.S. I hate house cleaning.
Tip number I. Always know the location of the vacuum cleaners on and off switch.
Tip Number 2. When sweeping with hair that is very long never ever bend over and pick anything up from the floor. Its a real mess to have about a foot of your hair wound around the beater bar of the vacuum while being thrown violently to the floor as you try to turn off the vacuum.
Tip number 3. Never pass out while the vacuum cleaner is running.
More house cleaning tips will be sent to you as soon as I quit seeing stars.
On a positive note I can still do a somersault! Next time I try it I hope i'm not attached to my vacuum.

I really hate house cleaning. Next year the thanksgiving holiday will be celebrated at a restaurant of my choice.

Hope everyone gets or has their secret santa gift box and you get to spend a wonderful day with friends and family on Thursday.

P.S. no santa gift box for me yet.
Lisa
Lisa!

I hope you are okay! What a wonderful sense of humor you have. I was both tickled and horrified at the mental picture your words created! I couldn't help but laugh! (I have taught my kids that someone else's misfortune is never a cause for amusement....ie.....someone slipping on a banana peel, etc...... and I violated my own rule!)

I do hope that you and your hair are both alright!
Old 11-24-2014, 08:43 AM

Thanks girls for all the concern about my vacuum cleaner accident.

I woke myself up because I was laughing in my sleep about it. I'm still laughing about it.

It took about two hours to get all my hair untangled and it smelled a little funky but after a wash and good conditioner its back to normal with just a few less strands. Just a little crick in my neck and a bruise on my arm but I'm going to be fine.

Lisa
Old 11-24-2014, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
And this is our FAVORITE chocolate pie recipe!!

Chocolate Almond Pie

20 Large marshmallows
8 oz bar of Hershey Almond chocolate bar
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup milk
Chocolate pie crust or pie crust of choice

In double boiler, melt marshmallows in milk. Remove from heat. Add all the chocolate BUT one square. Melt into marshmallow mixture. Refrigerate 10 minutes or until cool.

Whip 1 cup of cream. Fold into cooled chocolate mixture. Poor into your pie crust. Refrigerate 3 hours.

Whip remaining cream with 1 T powdered sugar until peaks form. Pour onto top of pie. Grate remaining piece of chocolate and sprinkle over pie top.
Here's the chocolate pie, SheriR posted. Yummmmmm!
Old 11-24-2014, 09:09 AM

That is the same cheesecake recipe I have and it is delicious! That's the one Neesie, thanks so much. I know I was looking so hard for it I'd never find it
Old 11-24-2014, 09:16 AM

Oh my gosh Lisa what an ordeal. Were you home alone? Thank heavens your ok. Have you thought about getting your hair cut? lol.

Last edited by marilyn43; 11-24-2014 at 09:20 AM.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:27 AM

I have the best recipe yet Home Made Kahlua

4 cups fresh very strong coffee 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon instant coffee 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
7 cups white sugar 2 tablespoons vanilla
1 cup dark brown sugar 1 bottle 750ml cheap Brandy
1 1/2 cups cheap vodka

Pour coffee and all the sugar in large saucepot bring to boil stirring all the time remove from heat pour in chocolate chips whisk well then wait about an hour add vanilla then add brandy first then vodka stirr well. This is much better when it sits for a week or more but is drinkable when ever. I make this and give it as gifts on christmas I simply buy jelly jars boil them and the lids and bands once the kahula is cool enough i pour it into the jars and put the very hot lids and bands on them tight and let the goodness begin it will keep for a long time.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:41 AM

Lisa....OMG.....although your story is horrifying....and NOT funny....and i'm so glad you and your hair are OK.....your telling made me laugh so hard tears streamed down my face and i had to run quick to the bathroom !! And, on a brighter note -- it reaffirms my belief that house cleaning is over-rated.

KAT....thank you for sharing your prized cheesecake recipe.....that's very generous of you !

Neesie....happy to see you "back"....i figured you were just busy trying to get your quilts done, but i was missing your humor !
Old 11-24-2014, 09:41 AM

Hello Everyone, This is the first year I have done the Secret Santa and I don't think I done things right. LOL But I have it all down pat for next year. LOL First, I didn't know I was to post the mailing info. OOOPSS did send it to Terri once I figured it out. Then I made up my SS Box and didn't make it all Quilting stuff. Was this all supposed to be quilting stuff? I hope my SS person will enjoy my choices. Then I didn't know I was to post when my box arrived, SO SORRY - but it arrived and has been safely hidden away. If I don't hide it, I might peek. LOL I am way anxious to see what is inside. :-) Thank you so much to my SS and please forgive me for not knowing the steps. :-) I couldn't get all my stuff in the box so I sent out a second one, I marked it as part 2 of Secret Santa so I hope my person got them both. Just wanted to pop in, I didn't even know this thread was going until Terri let me know. Newbies LOL Gotta love us. :-) Happy Holidays to all.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:42 AM

Ok its monday Nov 11,2014 this is my second ss and i am so excited my gift has been sent i sure hope she likes all i put in there it smells good taste good and has a bunch of good stuff in it but i am still waiting on my package to get here I am sure it will be here soon
Old 11-24-2014, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Can someone tell me what post the Chocolate Pie is on? Thought I'd printed it out, guess not. I've gone back through and can't find it.
Jaba, if it's my recipe, it's post 2974.