Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early) >

Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Old 11-24-2014, 09:01 AM

You're on the right post for my little twins that are coming. See your Monday is better that you thought I know I made you a block but can't remember which one. Quilt looks great.
Did anyone do the McCall's quilt a long that just finished? Bursting Star pattern? All those diamonds, thought I was going to die but now I'm adding more rounds to it, I want it bigger.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:40 AM

I'm trying to get caught up on a few ufo's too before this swap begins, so I can sew new blocks w/o any pesky guilt trips. lol Today I am working on a blue and yellow star from a different swap. I have 8 more blocks to quilt then 1/2 to assemble, 1/2 are already assembled.

I have some left over blocks from a previously finished quilt I would like to put together for a lap quilt for my Uncle, it is masculine fall type colors.

Then I have 2 small twin sized ones I'd like to finish for a niece and nephew.

That doesn't even count my autograph block quilt, chicken block quilt, and Doctor Who quilts.

And I just saw one on this site I REALLY want to do, the thread about the grey and russet quilt, it is just amazing.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:54 AM

I'm just going to keep sashing my quilt till it fits the bed.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:28 PM

Hi everyone! My name is Ruthee and this will be my first BOOM. I am a medical paralegal by trade and that certainly keeps life interesting. My eldest just graduated from VCU with a art degree with a minor in fiber arts. My youngest doesn't like fabric, sewing, or anything of the sort....which means I don't have to share! LOL

I have quilted for almost 21 years (holy cats!!!) -- made my first quilt for my first born and she took it away to college with her, tattered and torn. It made me cry.

I am currently obsessed with fussy cut hexagons and hand sewing projects but I love to do just about all types of quilting.

Looking forward to seeing all the cool stuff that will be going on!
Old 11-24-2014, 12:52 PM

Looking for some guidance/information on the mentions of notes about colors, etc. -- and to make sure I don't misunderstand something so basic....LOL

I am taking a F8 I receive from a swapper and add my own fabric to make a block -- is this where the requests for color come in?
Old 11-24-2014, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
I'm just going to keep sashing my quilt till it fits the bed.
I love the way you work.;-). I friend asked me the other day how big I make my quilts my answer "as big as they want to be unless I want it bigger" hahahah
Old 11-24-2014, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Ruthee_Jax View Post
Looking for some guidance/information on the mentions of notes about colors, etc. -- and to make sure I don't misunderstand something so basic....LOL

I am taking a F8 I receive from a swapper and add my own fabric to make a block -- is this where the requests for color come in?

Welcome Ruthee_Jax - you will have fun - that is what it is all about! Yes, you will get an F8 from all of us and make up a 12.5" square to return. Some of us will add a note stating our vision for the fabric which can help you to see what they would like. Some will send a note to use specific colors - or not to use specific colors. Just let the fabric speak to you and enjoy!

Hexies and hand sewing - wow - can't wait to see!
Old 11-24-2014, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ruthee_Jax View Post

Hi Ruthie I'm glad you are joing the fun.

You are correct when you receive the package from Janice with everybody's f8 they will be separately packaged all of them containing some kind of note. Sometimes its a small note inside sometimes it's on the label on the outside they will be things like please use only black or please match the pink in the flowers, or even matching or coordinating blues only please. Everybody will do thier best to follow your guidelines just remember matching and coordinating fabrics are often subject to inturpation Then you get your creativity going making a block you want them to have. so have fun
Old 11-24-2014, 01:42 PM

Ruthie,

Are you signed up for the 2 month, 3 month or both?

KAT
Old 11-24-2014, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I'm trying to get caught up on a few ufo's too before this swap begins, so I can sew new blocks w/o any pesky guilt trips. lol Today I am working on a blue and yellow star from a different swap. I have 8 more blocks to quilt then 1/2 to assemble, 1/2 are already assembled.

I have some left over blocks from a previously finished quilt I would like to put together for a lap quilt for my Uncle, it is masculine fall type colors.

Then I have 2 small twin sized ones I'd like to finish for a niece and nephew.

That doesn't even count my autograph block quilt, chicken block quilt, and Doctor Who quilts.

And I just saw one on this site I REALLY want to do, the thread about the grey and russet quilt, it is just amazing.
You need to join the quilt challenge that Bee and I have going.