Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 11-24-2014, 09:52 PM

Wow poor Lisa! I can never find the power button on mine either! Glad to hear your hair is intact! As for pod husband, let's hope this is not just affecting decorating right? Lol get him to do some other projects that have been sitting before you blow his cover lol. Wish I saved all these recipes but I fear it's too late now to hunt them all down. Maybe one day we can make a little book we can share or something.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:29 PM

It could be an e-book of sorts; that way we could download it and then just print out the recipe we want to try. Also, with everyone having it downloaded to their computer, if someone's computer gets fried they can always get a copy from someone on the board.

We could offer it to all the new members coming in if they are interest; showing what a nice group of people we are. So we don't end up with too many recipes, contributors would be limited to one recipe per category. It would be contribute your absolute favorite recipe of all times.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:46 AM

Oh My I got my box I guess it was on the 15th its been sitting on the porch at the front of the house and we dont use that door so it was wet on the outside i sure hope what ever is in there isnt wet or ruined it rattles no smell and its heavy i cant wait till the 7th please hurry up
Old 11-25-2014, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by juneayerza View Post
It could be an e-book of sorts; that way we could download it and then just print out the recipe we want to try. Also, with everyone having it downloaded to their computer, if someone's computer gets fried they can always get a copy from someone on the board.

We could offer it to all the new members coming in if they are interest; showing what a nice group of people we are. So we don't end up with too many recipes, contributors would be limited to one recipe per category. It would be contribute your absolute favorite recipe of all times.
I believe I read back when the recipes started that someone was doing exactly that, saving all the recipes and putting them together in one place for everyone. I am sorry, don't remember the name, so I can't give the credit to the right person, but she said if you PM her she would see you got a copy. I read it, I know I did, back when I had to play catch up on the reading.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by cannyquilter View Post
Lisa, I feel your pain and of course I didn't laugh !! Seriously pleased you survived. This is one of the reasons I don't do house work IT IS VERY DANGEROUS!

ArizonaKat. Thanks for sharing your recipe never seen a twice baked cheesecake. Can I ask what weight the cream cheese packages are?

Thanks
I'm really bad at weights. They are the "regular" size pkgs.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
Uhhhhh, yeah. Sure. You betcha!!!
I'm behaving. Nessie's not.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317 View Post
Thanks again girls but I'm truly fine and I'm still laughing at myself.
Truly house cleaning is like putting beads on a string with no knot in the end.
My hair is long enough to almost touch my knees. I have cut it four or five times now and donated it to locks of love.
I always look at kids going through cancer and try to see if their wigs are my hair.

Is it time for Christmas carols yet?
I'd jump in the hole with you all but I'd probably just hurt myself in some goofy way. So I'll just slide in very carefully and sit quietly.
Come on down, Lisa. We'll catch you.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by PenniF View Post
Ok...here's the thing...i need some help. I think my DH has been replaced by an alien pod person.
Why?? for more years than some of you have been alive - at holiday time, i have to drag him kicking and screaming to decorate....inside OR outside. Eventually it gets done, but never all that willingly and always at the last possible minute.

This year- 2nd week of October, i heard him up in the attic above the garage - and when i went out and asked him what he was doing, he said he was getting down the Halloween decorations....and he then proceeded to put out every single one...AND string the purple and orange lights !!

This evening, my DSIL showed up at the door - my DH had called and asked him to stop by after work to help get the Christmas tree (it's a 10 footer) and all the decorations out of the attic. AND i haven't even MENTIONED Christmas decorations yet....was going to work on him day after Thanksgiving.

So....does anyone know what the "give away" mark is that lets you know someone has been replaced by an alien???
Not an alien. Sounds like Mercury Retrograde has affected him. Happens two weeks in October. Enjoy while it lasts. Mercury is back on path.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by bezzie2013 View Post
Oh My I got my box I guess it was on the 15th its been sitting on the porch at the front of the house and we dont use that door so it was wet on the outside i sure hope what ever is in there isnt wet or ruined it rattles no smell and its heavy i cant wait till the 7th please hurry up
You better open yours, too. Make sure nothing is messed up.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by AnngelAnne View Post
I believe I read back when the recipes started that someone was doing exactly that, saving all the recipes and putting them together in one place for everyone. I am sorry, don't remember the name, so I can't give the credit to the right person, but she said if you PM her she would see you got a copy. I read it, I know I did, back when I had to play catch up on the reading.
PenniF . . . I believe.