Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 11-25-2014, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
I'm behaving. Nessie's not.
You're 'behaving' . . . but behaving terribly!
Old 11-25-2014, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
You're 'behaving' . . . but behaving terribly!
Must be the cold weather we're having here in AZ.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:38 AM

Finally got my quilt labels designed in PhotoShop, so decided to download the SewArt trial program, this morning (to convert to .PES files). Well, first download attempt failed. Closed the many, many open windows and restarted computer (usually helps). Still kinda wondering why the first attempt failed, so before trying again, decided to look up more reviews. One reviewer claimed a lot of 'junk' downloaded with his free trial. Yeah, that often happens, with free stuff. Anyway, decided to wait until my son gets here (T'Day) and will have him set up some safeguards, before downloading. Been meaning to get him to do that, anyway.

SO in the meantime, I'll work on the other quilt. Will take many breaks, to check up on y'all!
Old 11-25-2014, 07:42 AM

Oh, the old ringer washer, my mom had one and I had waist lenght hair ( I was a bout 5 at the time) and it got caught in it, thank God she could reverse it. What memories it brought back.

Originally Posted by juneayerza View Post
Lisa, like the others, I couldn't help myself and laughed. You are a good story teller with a great sense of humor about what happen. I'm glad it wasn't more serious; the old wringer washing machine accidents flashed through my mind once.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:59 AM

Yes... i am still collecting and putting them all into order - thought i'd print them onto pretty paper then scan....make a real "book" of them.....The 2014 Secret Santa Recipe Collection.

I thought some of you might like this recipe --- it can either be a side dish, or can be put into a pie shell and baked.

Sweet Potato Casserole

3 cups sweet potatoes
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs - fork beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup milk

Cook then drain and mash sweet potatoes. While hot mix in all ingredients except eggs. Add a little of the hot mixture to the beaten eggs to "warm" them...then stir into potato mixture.

If making pie ... cool the sweet potato mixture at this point.
If making side dish - spoon mixture into 9 x 9 greased baking dish

Topping
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
1 cup lite brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans

Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Melt butter - pour over dry ingredients and stir with fork.

Crumble pecan mixture over potato mixture -- bake at 350 until golden brown and bubbly

For Pie ... i partially bake my pie shell at 400 for about 15 minutes -- then add the filling and bake about another 30 minutes.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:00 AM

I enjoy reading the stories. We all get caught in funny predicaments like the hair vacuum story. I was cleaning this morning before work for Thanksgiving. My husband said we would have to cancel because our dirt road drive, about a quarter of a mile long, is too muddy from the several inches of rain. I dont even ask my family to help with decorating. It is too much of a fight. They have to get it down from the attic then I borrow friends children to help me decorate. Only problem is one of them breaks bunches of the ornaments.... But they enjoy helping me and it gives their mom and dad time to go shopping for them.

Still waiting on my package, mail has already come today. It must be really special and coming from a long way. I cant wait. Happy Thanksgiving all!
Old 11-25-2014, 08:31 AM

My husband took the box from me the box was really messed up he looked at what was inside then taped the box as well as he could he said things were all wrapped but looked ok and then he hid the box till the 7th. I think that is really mean dont you
Old 11-25-2014, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by bezzie2013 View Post
My husband took the box from me the box was really messed up he looked at what was inside then taped the box as well as he could he said things were all wrapped but looked ok and then he hid the box till the 7th. I think that is really mean dont you
Bezzie, I am glad that the contents of your SS box survived being left outside, but yes, I do agree your DH is really, really mean.

Bad husband. Bad, bad, husband! LOL
Old 11-25-2014, 09:55 AM

I'm off the bench! A package came today all the way from Stafford, Virginia. A southern package, so we speak the same language. Although it is not saying much to me at present -- probably tired out from the journey. But after it has rested we'll have a discussion on what secrets it holds.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:56 AM

I'm sorry if someone misunderstood what I said. The recipes that are being saved are cookie and cake recipes for the most part. What I suggested was if anyone was interested, was a type of regional cookbook or family cookbook style that would include all catagories. It was just a thought.