Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome sewing machines >

Janome sewing machines

Janome sewing machines

Old 10-28-2014, 02:30 AM
Power Poster

I have a janome and would never buy another. It has a mind of its own. Some days it sews fine other days the stitch is whatever length it chooses to be.
Took it in for an overhaul but still the same problems.
Old 11-25-2014, 03:23 PM

Update: My new Janome 8900 and I are now really good friends. And the 7500 has been requested as a gift to the baby I had when I bought my 7500 in 1992. This Mama is not so sure she will part with the 7500 yet! Still works great!
Old 11-25-2014, 04:20 PM

I have the Janome 6500 and I do not like it!! I replaced it with a Juki f600 that was a lot cheaper and I love it!! YMMV
Old 11-26-2014, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by FroggyinTexas View Post
For crying out loud take it to the repair shop! You may decide you want another machine, but don't give up on a machine you know and love. The chances are good that it will cost less to get a profession repair/tuneup than it will to buy another machine. froggyintexas

True. Re-reading the original post, she has NOT taken the machine in for a service. ......pretty obvious first step to a remedy.

sandy
Old 11-26-2014, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Shelbie View Post
G'ma Kay asked why I dislike my Janome 6500. My machine should have been painted yellow. I have had feed dog issues, bobbin issues, rattling, jumping out of place bobbin cases, chipping paint, growling, groaning, jamming, breaking needles on thicker seams or even across seam junctions, chewing up fabric at the start, skipped stitches and refusing to raise the feed dogs to a sewing position once they are lowered for FM. I do like all the stitch selection, the self threading and thread cutter (no problems with either of these). I have recently decided to dump this machine and buy something else! The problem is, I don't know how I can sell it and I don't want to keep it anymore.
I have a Janome 12000 MC and it too should be yellow. Same issues with it that you describe. And at a lot higher price tag. I too would like to sell it and get just a reliable machine that would piece nicely and do straight line machine stitching. The embroidery attachment is collecting dust. My self threader hardly ever works right. And with aging eyes that was one of the key features I wanted.
I got taken when I bought it. It was a floor model and the saleswoman was just about to take it to my house she wanted it out of there so fast. She had just been to a big show and wanted room for the 15000. Should've known. She never "got around" to having classes. So I'm sure it does a lot more than I know how to use.
Find a place where you'll get service after the sale no matter what you decide on.
Mine has been a disappointment all the way around.