Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome Question >

Janome Question

Janome Question

Old 11-28-2014, 03:12 AM

Default Janome Question

I have a Janome 4120 QDC and want a walking foot. Do all Janome feet fit all Janime machines? I've looked online and only get ads for the machine. Thanks for your help.
Old 11-28-2014, 03:23 AM

If you are going to buy a walking foot you have to know if your machine is a low shank or a high shank to get the correct one. The feet that snap on are interchangeable between Janome machines but the machines have different shanks on them.
Old 11-28-2014, 03:33 AM

My mum and I both have a Janome machine, but different models. There is a difference in the width of the bar that the foot snaps on to, so I would be careful what you purchase. Perhaps find the product number you need, and ensure that is what you order when you buy online.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:11 AM

Nope, they don't all fit eachother. I have the 3160QDC and the MC6600: the 3160 is low shank whereas the 6600 is high shank so not all feet will fit both. Plus some models have wider feed dogs and/or wider zig-zag openings and need wider feet than others.

Janome's site is a great reference though, you can look up your machine and get the accessory part numbers that fit your machine and use those numbers to shop around for best price on the foot/feet you're interested in.

....well, shoot. I just went to the site to give you a quick link and they've totally changed it around. I found your machine, and found the foot in the list (they call it an "even feed foot"), but when I click on it I get lists that don't include your model! LAME!

You might want to call your dealer to get the right part number. Or maybe try emailing Janome directly. I'm really disappointed in what they've done to their site...
Old 11-28-2014, 12:21 PM

Thanks so much. I checked their site first and was so confused I thought I'd check with the experts - the quilting board!
Old 11-28-2014, 02:56 PM

I was given a walking/quilting foot with my Janome, which I purchased less than a year ago--and don't need it because I have a Gammill. If you want it, PM me your address, and it is yours via USPS.