Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Feedback on Craftsy classes >
  • Feedback on Craftsy classes

• Feedback on Craftsy classes

Old 11-30-2014, 05:46 AM

The classes come on sale frequently, although I have not seen them this cheap for awhile....or so many of them.
    Old 11-30-2014, 03:26 PM

I like the Ann Peterson classes, Angela Walters, Kimberly Einmo, and Mimi Deterik. I started a new one today, "Design It, Quilt It." It's good too. I love the Craftsy classes.
    Old 11-30-2014, 03:43 PM

You will really like Cindy Needham (Design it, Quilt It) I took a several day workshop with her and it was one of the best three days I've ever had. She is so organized and communicates so well.
    Old 11-30-2014, 04:15 PM

I am enrolled in 20 Craftsy classes! I've picked up some great "tips and techniques" from each one. I love Wendy Butler Burn's classes, Carol Doak's paper piecing class, and Kimberly Eimino's Jelly Roll class, and Anita Grossman Soloman's Traditional Blocks Made Simple (prewash and starch!). I watch the classes as I have time and the class materials sometimes are worth more than what you pay for the class. I've purchased all my classes on "sale" and just added two new classes yesterday. If you don't like a class you can always get a refund. Craftsy has great customer service!
    Old 11-30-2014, 04:27 PM

Living out in the boonies, the classes I have signed up for are wonderful! I have three of these classes in my wish list. Probably going to purchase a couple of them too!
    Old 12-01-2014, 05:04 AM

Just bought 2 more. This makes 21 classes now.
    Old 12-01-2014, 05:16 AM

I have enjoyed every class I've taken...if a class has not met my expectations or wasn't what I thought it would be Craftsy refunded me. I will say the prices have been drifting higher so the $19.99 is a pretty good deal now.
    Old 12-01-2014, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by bjchad
    If you are interested in FMQ I would recommend the Angela Walters class you mention or the Christina Carmeli course the secrets of free motion quilting. Both are excellent. The Weeks Ringle class is very good but rather theoretical. The improvisational piecing class is also pretty good.
    I do not use a long arm machine so would I still be able to use her suggestions
    Old 12-01-2014, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by alapoint3
    I do not use a long arm machine so would I still be able to use her suggestions
    I have done a couple of her (Angela Walters) classes and I believe one she did with a DSM. The Kim Brunner class is on a long arm, but she refers to how to do it on a domestic in the class.
    I've only had one class I really disliked and even after 6 months, they refunded my money even though I believe they state 30 days.
    Old 12-01-2014, 07:29 AM

[QUOTE=mjpEncinitas;6988675]Craftsy is having their big sale ($20 a class) and I'm thinking of buying a few classes.

I am so glad you opened this discussion. When I go to the Craftsy site, about 1/3 of my screen is covered with a message that they do not support my version of Internet Explorer, and to switch to Firefox or Google Chrome. I'm using Vista and IE 9 is as far as I can go. That message and my reluctance to "upgrade" to Windows 7 or 8 is probably saving me big bucks on the classes. Can anyone tell me if you watch the videos with IE 9, and what the difference is. I saw a post on Artisan's Square in which the viewer said she has firefox as her browser, but uses Chrome to view the Craftsy classes, don't think I'm computer literate enough to work that out.