Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 12-01-2014, 06:11 AM

Well morning everyone! I hope that your weekend is lovely and you stay warm or if the weather is beautiful where you live (don't share that it makes it that much colder here!) and your enjoying your weekend. I spent yesterday working on this skeleton head with roses (day of the dead) apron for my sister. She wanted it reversible which in theory is easy but right not.. its a pain in the rear. I sewed it all together and forgot to leave an opening to put the ties in. argh! so got to seam rip a bit and not pleased about that. But only have to get this together by Jan. 10th lol. so there is a bit of time. just wanted it done and over. not too much into the skeleton theme.

I have almost all my Christmas cards finished! and am working on stocking stuffers now for my man. he loves candy so that is pretty darned easy if I filled the whole thing with candy he would be very happy. I have clinic again today and am hoping actually they pick afternoon for me because its cold outside! not sure afternoon is going to make a different but sure ready to give it a try!

I wonder if everyone is sent. I need to hear from you in a PM telling me you mailed or why your late. We have one member who is going to be sending a tad late but she has been hospitalized and very sick. Please be patient to receive your boxes as I am confident they will arrive before the 15th. If you don't mail you will be banned from everyone's swaps on this board. I will put the word out so you are not allowed to play again. So.. mail your boxes ladies or envelopes if that is what your using but send them out now!! we want happy players grin so make them smile if you would!
Old 12-01-2014, 06:28 AM

Just sent my PM that package was sent last week and tracking shows it was also received.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:16 PM

My Mug Rug is off flying to its new home. Should be there Thursday.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:18 PM
Power Poster

Nelco, is it me????? I still haven't rec'd one yet.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:23 PM

My package is off to it's new home and should arrive by Thursday.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:00 PM

My package is off and should be there on Wednesday! I have a tracking code if need. So someone on the east coast should be receiving soon.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:39 PM

I want to let my partner know, if she's here and wondering, that I have received a package from her. Only 14 more sleeps!
Old 12-01-2014, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
Nelco, is it me????? I still haven't rec'd one yet.
Sorry Lynnie. U R 2 far away.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:21 PM

I also received my package today I put it under the Christmas tree so it won't get opened (by accident).
Old 12-01-2014, 05:51 PM

ok tomorrow my day off got in to clinic today so two days off NOW! yahoo! so I will go over who sent me I mailed notices. If not you will hear from me. No tolerance for not mailing on time without prior notice. only one person emailed me to say they would mail tomorrow not today. I will be writing and I wont be so happy. five more days and your considered a dead beat regardless of whether you mailed because by then I have to write angels and ask for help. I will not be happy to do this.

Make me happy send in your notices to me today! yahoo! yippee! you wrote me! think how good that will sound I am. Today was a bit warmer than the last few but its still not up to my level of fun and adventure. (ie not going to the market or the thrift store for more books no way no how.. not even with a driver and assistance. nope no way). I am trying to finish this apron for my sister to praying tomorrow is my lucky day. I sure as heck hope so. I don't enjoy much doing projects I have to vs projects I want to. especially when its ugly fabric lol. double no thanks!

Hope your enjoying the start to your holidays. I made chicken in the microwave (ie pre cooked) and some diced tomatoes for Steve (stavio is his nick name) and a huge blender full of smoothy. It was a grand big dinner to him and I am home free on cooking. 10 minutes and your served I get tired after clinic and cooking is not a priority. at all. he understands phew.. tomorrow is another day. will invent a dinner with left over chicken.. perhaps a soup for him? or a rolled up taco ? or ideas? cooked chicken.. tons of veggies and soups, pastas and broths. new thoughts? love to hear them! thinking a strawberry and banana smoothie next time. might be just the thing.