Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early) >

Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Old 12-01-2014, 11:33 AM

I will get some pictures tonight or tomorrow night and post them.

I have really been enjoying seeing everyone's quilt pictures and reading the chatter. Such a bizzy bunch!

Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
Welcome Ruthee to the BOOM! You will have lots of fun here and meet lots of new online friends. I am pleased to see that you are sewing hexagons. I have been sewing hexagons together for the last two years. Not much to show for the time involved, I stitch a few and something else catches my attention. (another swap?) Also I am not fussy cutting, just cutting out 30's fabric. I would love to see some of your hexies.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:34 AM

With all this discussion about finishing projects before the BOOM starts, I am wondering...is this a requirement? LOL

I didn't know we had to finish anything. Ever. HA!

Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
Good morning everyone! I am also trying to finish some projects before the boom starts. Learning from the past, I am trying to finish up with a couple of swaps, at least get them ready to mail, plus finish up a couple of small ufos. One is a quilt of valor for my DH. I started it for his birthday last year, Hope to give it for Christmas this year. I love seeing what everyone is working on.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:42 AM

I am with you, Difergie! I am currently making tiny log cabins that are 4" finished but have 7 logs per side.

I ADORE the precision found in paper pieced blocks.

Did I happen to mention I am OCD and a control freak? HA!

Originally Posted by Difergie View Post
Why do people not like pp blocks? I REALLY appreciate them. I think they are harder to make, more intricate, wonderful designs, and show a real dedication from the person who makes them.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:25 PM

Men!!!! I was laying out my ufo quilt on the bed to see if I needed boarders or how big they needed to be, when I was excitedly telling him how close I was to finishing and he said "great one more quilt to store", seems he sees little difference between stash fabric and finished quilt, it's all stored fabric .................................................. so you KNOW what that means .................................................. ...... guilt free stash adding!!! lol
Old 12-01-2014, 02:42 PM

AZKat, good to hear from you. Working on mine as well. My king is finishing up at 112" x 112". Very close in size. Will need to have it ready "for edge to edge" quilting no later than next Tuesday or will not get it on the long arm until after Christmas. No thread changes, etc. I have started an 8" border of half-square triangles...then an all white border to the binder. I can start making the binder once I drop off the top, batting and backing. Going to be close!

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
Worked on my UFO Christmas wife quilt over the weekend. It ended up to be a 92" queen quilt . . .
Old 12-01-2014, 02:48 PM

I've got 2 rows to sew on and then the perimeter to hem and sew on the blanket stitch around. That will have to be hand work (blanket stitch) I measured for a border and don't need one so that is great, less work.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:08 PM

Kass, our grandsons gave me this apron last Christmas! I wear it when necessary
[ATTACH=CONFIG]500811[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Men!!!! I was laying out my ufo quilt on the bed to see if I needed boarders or how big they needed to be, when I was excitedly telling him how close I was to finishing and he said "great one more quilt to store", seems he sees little difference between stash fabric and finished quilt, it's all stored fabric .................................................. so you KNOW what that means .................................................. ...... guilt free stash adding!!! lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Quilting Apron.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	500811  
Old 12-01-2014, 03:10 PM

Ruthie, If this was a requirement....the list of participants would be short! Bee

Originally Posted by Ruthee_Jax View Post
With all this discussion about finishing projects before the BOOM starts, I am wondering...is this a requirement? LOL

I didn't know we had to finish anything. Ever. HA!
Old 12-01-2014, 03:14 PM

well ladies I have been in all the booms except for one and I am sorry to say I have not finished one top. But I have told myself I will!I just love this swap ,I have to be part of it.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:18 PM

Bee we must be married to brothers,my husband says that same thing.I am with you I LOVE my fabric LOL