Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 01-04-2010, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by luvmortherest
i want to change the names of my quilts.

scrappy happy
reds singing the blues

Very cool name. I have no ideas for a name yet.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:38 PM

It'll come sewsew...be patient...
Old 01-04-2010, 07:01 PM

That's funny, I named my DJ quilt and I'm not even making one.

"Gram"s and Me Around the World"

What's worse, DH saw me working on the B/G/W blocks trying to finish them up and asked if it was for a big quilt project. Told him "no". He asked why? I said, cuz I don't have the software to make the entire quilt". He asked how much and I told him. He said "not bad" and I said"not on sale, either".

Tell me I didn't just slit my own throat?
Old 01-04-2010, 07:21 PM

Yes, welcome to the ride WVDEK!!!! I say, jump on in!
Old 01-04-2010, 07:24 PM

Holy smokes! I miss a few days and end up 12 pages behind. :cry: (Actually, before I posted this another 2 pages were added on. Evidently I'm reading too slowly.) :lol:

Blue - I just love your sashing!! Yummy!!

Bearpaw - I love the colors you've chosen. Those are beautiful!

Good job Mama on your first paper pieced block. :thumbup: Once you get the hang of it, it will get much easier.

Originally Posted by cheriffic
I have 2 the other little guy sleeps in my room under my bed until DH goes up to bed. I wouldn't mind if she didn't shed and then there is the keeping little things picked up so she doesn't ingest something bad. I have a split level house and I have one half of the downstairs so I can't really close it off but it would be a good idea
I remember reading an article on the importance of keeping all those little snips of thread picked up off the floor just for that reasoning, to keep the dogs and especially cats from ingesting them. Evidently the pretty metallic ones and the rayon threads can be quite bad for their digestive tracts.

Originally Posted by martha jo
I have done hers but it is onto one big piece and I got it but when I go to the divided sections I get lost and everything turns wrong way, etc. Will try again today. Thanks
Do you have anyone who lives nearby that can give a quick paper piecing lesson? If you don't have a local guild or quilting group, perhaps someone from a LQS will help out. Usually they are very good about that.

Originally Posted by wvdek
That's funny, I named my DJ quilt and I'm not even making one.

"Gram"s and Me Around the World"

What's worse, DH saw me working on the B/G/W blocks trying to finish them up and asked if it was for a big quilt project. Told him "no". He asked why? I said, cuz I don't have the software to make the entire quilt". He asked how much and I told him. He said "not bad" and I said"not on sale, either".

Tell me I didn't just slit my own throat?
Well, did you look appropriately sad as you said it? And don't forget to mope about the house and sigh from time to time. When he asks what's wrong, just tell him you are thinking of all the fun the rest of us are having doing ALL the blocks. :wink: :lol:
Old 01-04-2010, 07:28 PM

Ooh, ya, moping is good!!
Old 01-04-2010, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany
And don't forget to mope about the house and sigh from time to time. When he asks what's wrong, just tell him you are thinking of all the fun the rest of us are having doing ALL the blocks. :wink: :lol:
LMAO Love it! ;-)
Old 01-04-2010, 07:44 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I live on a rather isolated ranch and am handicapped so don't get out much. I just seem to have a mental block. Read everything I could today, did find I had some books in my library on such and tried again. Not real happy with results but will start over tomorrow. I really would like to do it. I think maybe it would help if I traced the patterns on thinner paper. My paper won't run the thin stuff through. I ordered the cd from Connecting Threads and it should be here soon. Hope it works on a Mac. Haven't given up yet. Don't let it be my age - Ha!
Old 01-04-2010, 07:45 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I live on a rather isolated ranch and am handicapped so don't get out much. I just seem to have a mental block. Read everything I could today, did find I had some books in my library on such and tried again. Not real happy with results but will start over tomorrow. I really would like to do it. I think maybe it would help if I traced the patterns on thinner paper. My paper won't run the thin stuff through. I ordered the cd from Connecting Threads and it should be here soon. Hope it works on a Mac. Haven't given up yet. Don't let it be my age - Ha!
Old 01-04-2010, 08:30 PM

[quote=Tiffany]
Originally Posted by cheriffic
I have 2 the other little guy sleeps in my room under my bed until DH goes up to bed. I wouldn't mind if she didn't shed and then there is the keeping little things picked up so she doesn't ingest something bad. I have a split level house and I have one half of the downstairs so I can't really close it off but it would be a good idea
I remember reading an article on the importance of keeping all those little snips of thread picked up off the floor just for that reasoning, to keep the dogs and especially cats from ingesting them. Evidently the pretty metallic ones and the rayon threads can be quite bad for their digestive tracts.

I know Tiffany and I have a big magnet I have to sweep the floor with every time I finish sewing. A little extra step but I love my pets so it is worth it.