Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt magazines >

Quilt magazines

Quilt magazines

Old 12-02-2014, 07:42 PM

I donated all of mine pre-2000, to a church in downtown Paducah to see if they could sell them at their thrift store - all of their money goes to help repair cars for needy people in the community. My DD lives in Paducah and she takes all of my "garage sale" type stuff with her when she comes here to MO to visit us, back to Paducah and gives the stuff to the church for their thrift store ministry. She was just here for Thanksgiving (5 hours away) and took back a lot of my things for the church.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:13 PM
Power Poster

I gave a bunch of mine to the nursing/rehap facility down the block from me where my son works. They look for ideas to do or use them in collages. try asking a high school too.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:42 PM

I scan the items I want to keep, put them on a usb stick and then give magazines to charity shop to sell. this saves clutter, giving more room for fabric
Old 12-03-2014, 03:22 AM

Check to see if your local library will take them. In my area the library has a used book sale twice a year to raise money.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:58 AM

We have a give and take table at our quilt guild and that's where I get all my magazines. I take them, read them, keep what I want and bring the rest back. Everyone scrambles for the magazines. I'm sure if you had a guild in the area you wouldn't even have to be a member to find a home for your magazines. Our guild often accepts fabric and other quilting things from non members.
Old 12-03-2014, 03:59 AM

Our local library keeps a box just inside the door to put books and magazines. You can put books and magazines in or take some out. Nice way to recycle those magazines we no longer have a use for.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:07 AM

I never can understand throwing away usable items. All my magazines go to the library where they resell them.

When I was in a quilt guild, I took them there and they would resell them.

Our senior center also accepts books and magazines so people can take and keep them or borrow for free.

Local schools may want them for arts and crafts.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:24 AM

I copy the patterns that I want to make and make notes on them and pass the magazines on to other ladies in my group
Old 12-03-2014, 05:03 AM

We have a local homeless shelter and I donate everything including quilting/craft magazines to their thrift store. The money goes to support the shelter. Please don't recycle the if you have any other outlet. Folks who can't afford to subscribe really love to get them at a bargain price.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:27 AM

I scan any patterns I want and save on my computer for future use. Then either donate or take them to work and leave on breakroom table for any crafters at work.