Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What Do You Quilt To? >

What Do You Quilt To?

What Do You Quilt To?

Old 09-18-2014, 05:15 AM

Classic Rock Baby! Of course...it can be a bit difficult to sew when you're head-banging.....

Donna
Old 09-20-2014, 04:46 AM
dd

Originally Posted by DonnaFreak View Post
Classic Rock Baby! Of course...it can be a bit difficult to sew when you're head-banging.....

Donna
Watch out for the machine! Maybe you need a padded machine!lol Classic Rock is the best!
Old 09-20-2014, 06:38 PM
bj

I usually sew to my dog snoring. He's easily bored by the whole process. But he likes to keep me company, apparently.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:34 PM

I listen to favorite CDs: Blue Grass, traditional blue grass instrumental Hymns, Classic Rock, Celtic, Movie Soundtracks, and now: Christmas Music!

Or Law and Order on the TV. I've seen every episode a bazillion times so I can concentrate on what I'm doing and not miss a thing! NCIS is about to join the queue.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:12 AM

I have been watching old quilt cams with Bonnie Hunter on my IPad lately otherwise old show on youtube such as Rumpole or Midsomer Murders. I have seen them several times so don't have to pay too much attention. I have been surprised on how many older shows are on youtube. I also like talk radio which keeps me in touch with local happenings and national news

Last edited by Lafpeaches; 12-04-2014 at 04:14 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:41 PM

I watch a lot of YouTube/Netflix....just found today that YouTube had Ballykissangel! It is one of my favorite shows. I have been watching for it for a while. Netflix had it streaming at one time...it is like visiting with old friends. I have been watching New Tricks a lot lately, too...and always watch Scott & Bailey. If you haven't watched Foyle's War, I suggest you try it....it is wonderfully made. Every show is excellent. Of course, I loved Downton Abby. I still go back and watch the Inspector Lynley series as well as the Inspector Morse and Inspector Lewis series. We got hooked on Masterpiece early in our marriage and have had so much enjoyment from them.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:47 PM

My dad gave me an old boombox that was sitting around their house & I listen to my old 60s & 70s stuff that is on cassettes that I don't have a player for in the car anymore. A lot of stuff I never replaced on CDs. Could be Nazareth...could be Conway Twitty
Old 12-04-2014, 07:14 PM

I like silence best but I'm in the back of the house, so when DH is there, I can listen to TV (Supernatural, Bones), radio(Southern Gospel), and my favorite old video movies, like; Hello Dolly with B. Streisand (original tape. I love to hear her sing Hello Dolly when she comes back to the restaurant), Man from Snowy River, Return to Snowy River, etc.

But when DH is not in the house, I have silence so I can hear the other parts of the house and/or the doorbell. I don't like someone to walk up to me with out calling my name so I can hear them. DH used to do that scaring me so I would tremble. He didn't do it to be mean just didn't think. I would turn around and there he would be standing! I recently told him I was going to start keeping my S and W--38 with a built in laser locked and loaded by my machine! He doesn't do it anymore!!! Lol
All my family know that threat and so do my friends but they don't know is I have it there or not. Our doors used to revolve with people all day.
I just hate it when some one scares me! When was a kid, my younger brother used to hide in our house and jump out and scare me (like he would be hiding in one of the closets and I never knew which one). It's one of my greatest pet-peeves.
I worked in a quiet hospital setting for 45 yrs so I think best and FMG best when it's quiet in the house. I can hear and feel the machine to catch a rhythm of the stitching!

Last edited by quiltjoey; 12-04-2014 at 07:17 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mdegenhart View Post
Could be Nazareth...could be Conway Twitty
LOL, I love it! I'm the same way, you never know what will be playing at my house. Everything from Abba to ZZ Top, Sugarland to Shinedown, I just like music.

Cari
Old 12-04-2014, 07:48 PM

It depends on my mood. Some days it's whatever strikes my fancy on TV. Other days, Pandora is my friend. I listen to lots of different genres: classic country like Merle Haggard and George Jones, modern country like Lady Antebellum or Jason Aldean, American Standards like Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Christian worship music, 70s Rock, Classic R & B like Spinners, Gladys Knight and the Pips, etc. and this time of year there's always classic Christmas. :-)

FREE Quilting Newsletter