Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November - Scrappy Block Swap – Florabunda aka Jacobs Ladder in Florals - Bonnie Hunt >

November - Scrappy Block Swap – Florabunda aka Jacobs Ladder in Florals - Bonnie Hunt

November - Scrappy Block Swap – Florabunda aka Jacobs Ladder in Florals - Bonnie Hunt

Old 12-04-2014, 08:25 PM

Oh, Janice McC, things will look better in the morning!
I'm at the end of the term-- finals and papers are due, so just hitting the books, writing, researching, and studying...
Old 12-05-2014, 03:26 AM

Default Florabunda

These are some of the blocks I am sending in.[ATTACH=CONFIG]501238[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]501238[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	712.5 KB
ID:	501238  
Old 12-05-2014, 03:35 AM

Ah, I exaggerated greatly. Am just so used to using 2 1/2 strips lately, my mind didn't wrap itself around the 3 inch strip so I continually mismeasured and miscut. Should have done it when I was less tired. All is good now!
Originally Posted by givio View Post
Oh, Janice McC, things will look better in the morning!
I'm at the end of the term-- finals and papers are due, so just hitting the books, writing, researching, and studying...
Old 12-05-2014, 03:37 AM

Beautiful blocks!
Originally Posted by Quilt Lover Grandma View Post
These are some of the blocks I am sending in.[ATTACH=CONFIG]501238[/ATTACH]
Old 12-05-2014, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Have been working on my blocks on and off today and I'm fairly certain one of two of them went together correctly on the first try. Should have turned the ole sewing machine off and hid under the covers. Thankfully the last set went well
OMG you too? I have finished 5more all for the scrap pile:-( I would be extreamly happy if I could just get the 24 I'm sending to come out right I'm stuck at 18 to go out and about 7mocking me

Last edited by Billi; 12-05-2014 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Confusion
Old 12-05-2014, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Lover Grandma View Post
These are some of the blocks I am sending in.[ATTACH=CONFIG]501238[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]501238[/ATTACH]
Those are very pretty I think we have some of the same pretty yellows, and I love the reds.
I kind of feel like a brat for pointing this out but you have a goof bottom row blue the center 4patch is not turned right. I think I only saw it because of the numerous times I have had to redo mine for the exact same thing.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:10 AM

Great blocks Q L Grandmaw, just that one Billi pointed out. I know, don't you hate that you have to undo. I know I had two to do. I'm glad mine are done. Okay for those west of me. I know ya'll need the rain, but just send me about an inch. From what I can see , all the weather this month is running sideways across the states and nothing pushing anything too much. I've been contemplating trying a Bento Box sample, but since I know I have lots of time, I'm trying to work on the previous months swaps. Putting the blocks together, etc.. Seems I now have 5 quilts to sandwich and quilt. Nothing fancy, straight lines is all I can do. I had to stop on one this am, because I'm getting sooooooo aggravated with this thread. I bought a package of multicolored threads from thread arts and no matter what size needle I use it breaks. There is nothing more disgusting. I feel like throwing them all out, but I just can't see wasting the money. They are embroidery thread, 3 strans and size 40, so it shouldn't be an issue, but it is. so I've stopped to rest, take a nap and hopefully I can get this one done today.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:36 AM

Quilt Lover Grandma, I love your blocks. Don't fret about the wrong one. These blocks are easy to undo and put back together. Ask me how I know!
I am on the fence about the Bento swap, I will make a couple in just red and white and see what the outcome is.
I am unsure if I want a red and white quilt or not.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Gannyrosie View Post
Great blocks Q L Grandmaw, just that one Billi pointed out. I know, don't you hate that you have to undo. I know I had two to do. I'm glad mine are done. Okay for those west of me. I know ya'll need the rain, but just send me about an inch. From what I can see , all the weather this month is running sideways across the states and nothing pushing anything too much. I've been contemplating trying a Bento Box sample, but since I know I have lots of time, I'm trying to work on the previous months swaps. Putting the blocks together, etc.. Seems I now have 5 quilts to sandwich and quilt. Nothing fancy, straight lines is all I can do. I had to stop on one this am, because I'm getting sooooooo aggravated with this thread. I bought a package of multicolored threads from thread arts and no matter what size needle I use it breaks. There is nothing more disgusting. I feel like throwing them all out, but I just can't see wasting the money. They are embroidery thread, 3 strans and size 40, so it shouldn't be an issue, but it is. so I've stopped to rest, take a nap and hopefully I can get this one done today.
And it's right in the middle of the stinkin block! Been there. Done that.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Ditto. I just had a bad experience with December's Bento Box. Simple pattern I completely fouled up. If another one goes that badly, I'll throw in the towel before I even officially sign-up! Going to bed now...probably cry myself to sleep. Uggg.
Speaking of the Bento Box, are we using plain white or can we use tone on tone? I'm sending red and white to the next Boom and hopefully will be able to incorporate them around the bento box blocks (say that fast three times) so I need to tell them what they can use.