Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Birthday Swap 2.5  sign up now  !!!! >

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!!

Old 12-20-2014, 07:04 PM

Yeah for the pillowcases you made. What a lovely idea to make those for the children.

Originally Posted by letsquilt View Post
My shopping is done also,just have to wrap a few things. We also cut way back on our spending this year, all the Grands are getting older and want way too expensive gifts so they all are getting money. The only little one is our granddaughter she still likes gifts.
I also made 30 pillow cases to hand out at a children's home up by my daughters home ,so that will be fun for my grandaughter! Thank goodness there is only 30 kids there I decided about a week ago to do this and 30 pillow cases take longer than I thought! But really enjoyed it!
Old 12-20-2014, 07:31 PM

CONTEST TIME... in honor of Happylab's birthday!!!

Okay...fill in the missing letters of the following quilt patterns. (Quilter's Cache)

1. _ _ ar of _ethl_h_m

2. The _ish_ _g s_ar

3. C_u_c_ w_n_d_w_

4.He_v_nl_ s_ _rs

5. O_ a c_ea_ Ni_ ht

Okay ladies...you have until 11:00pm est, Sunday December 21
PM me your answers
Old 12-20-2014, 08:10 PM

January birthday's have been sent in a PM ...if you have not received yours let me know.

ALSO this swap is coming to a close. I am checking to see who wants to go for another go around. There will be a few new rules. If anyone has any others you would like to add please PM me with your ideas. .

Not new but a rule::::: Anyone coming back MUST have sent EVERYONE a package for their birthday in the previous year.

New: you must post who you have received packages from on your birthday. (or as you get them) But I want to know who is ON TIME!
NEW: You must check in on the board within the first 5 days of EVER MONTH. I gotta know you are around. Just HI everyone....is good for me.

After we find out who is coming back we will see how many people we can add. Newbies will have to have a recommendation from a previous hostess OR a personal referral from someone already in our swap. Hopefully we will take care of any flaking problems

So think about if you want to come back next year. I need to know by January 31 from everyone here. I will open the newbie spots on February 1st until we have a total of 31 people.

Hope you all have enjoyed the year together...I look forward to continuing the swap and the friendships.

Barb
Old 12-21-2014, 05:07 AM

Hi ladies, Busy Busy busy during this holiday season. I feel like I can't catch up. My husband has had several holiday events we have had to attend for good job relations, that I don't know know if I am coming or going. I also have a couple of items to finish sewing before Christmas, I have three days left. My cooking and baking is not even started yet. kinda looking forward to the holidays being over so my life could settle down. enough of my ranting, thanks for listening.

Happy birthday to the December Birthday ladies.

I will not be participating for a third year with this swap. I have had a great time and met some very good friends for life. There is nothing like a quilting friend, you have them for life.

Hope all have a happy holidays and a happy New Year.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:01 PM

I too will be dropping out after 2 years of participating. I need to start sewing the squares together that I have collected and then I will think of rejoining. Hope everyone that stays or starts will have a good time.
Jannie
Old 12-21-2014, 06:21 PM

Well, I'm in for next year! I found a fun collection while I was shopping with my daughter!! Now let's see if I can answer those quiz questions!
Old 12-21-2014, 06:35 PM

well I am getting my house ready for the holidays and company. I am wondering how everyone organizes their fabric????

Looking for ideas and pictures would be great.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:21 PM

I recieved another package this weekend from Jarenie
Thank you so much for the candies and beautiful piece of extra fabric,I love it.

I'm only waiting on 5 more candies!
Old 12-21-2014, 07:51 PM

I mailed out my packages about two weeks ago but have not seen my name as being received by anyone. I was late for birthday #1, but two and three should of received theirs on time.

Please PM me if you have not received. If not I will get them out with the January birthdays, which I will mail after the first of the year.

I would like to participate in this swap again. It was a lot of fun and I had a great time putting the packages together. But before I truly commit I am going to see what my travel schedule is like for next year. The new person they hired already quit because she didn't realize what 75% travel actually meant and didn't like being away from home that much. I am just filling in till they hire someone, but I have been doing this since the end of July and am getting really burned out. Not to mention it is cutting into my quilting time.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:52 AM

Like others, I haven't rec'd confirmation of 2 of the 4 November packages I sent.
That does frustrate me a bit but since they haven't come back, I'm assuming they arrived.

I have enjoyed the swap and look forward to receiving my candies in February. The candy cutting was far more time consuming than I realized it would be and my free time is strictly limited right now. And as soon as I add in my birthday candies to my growing supply of squares, I'll have enough for several tops. I'll check in over here just to see what's going on next round but I must pass in 2015. I do thank you, Barb, for a wonderful swap!

Last edited by Janice McC; 12-22-2014 at 05:58 AM.