Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Did anyone get "quilty" gifts for Christmas???? >

Did anyone get "quilty" gifts for Christmas????

Did anyone get "quilty" gifts for Christmas????

Old 12-25-2014, 06:01 PM
Power Poster

I got a flyer in the mail this week for JOAnn's. Read it carefully. The discounts excludes gift cards purchases. Read the fine print. I may be wrong! If it's true, I don't think it's fair. Like gift cards that have expiration dates. Like I said I may be wrong and I will stand to be corrected.
Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
wow, sounds like you're ready to go. I got a total of $170 in JA's gift cards. you know where i'll be tomorrow, coupons in hand.
Old 12-25-2014, 06:08 PM

I was so very fortunate this year. I have a friend that I met originally online about 2 years ago. This past summer I had the opportunity to meet her in real life at the Denver, Colorado Greyhound bus depo with her husband on my trip from Oregon to Pennsylvania to meet my uncle for the first time whom my grandparents had given up for adoption at birth. This friend her name is Sharon. Sharon had a double masectomy almost 2 years ago and she also is a quilter. Prior to her having her surgery, her husband bought her an Accuquilt go cutting machine with 12 different dies and 3 different size cutting mats in hopes that she could maybe cut some fabric while she was recovering from all of her appointments and surgeries and things. They paid quite a bit of money for it. Sadly she became so depressed and didn't do any sewing at all and never used the accuquilt go and it just sat in the closet untouched, box unopened. About a year ago, they decided that they would sell it as it was doing no good just sitting there and they advertised it in their paper and online and it didnt sell.
Her and I were chatting on facebook and I had mentioned that I was going to gather up all of my scrap fabrics and cut them into "usable" pieces and she told me she would be right back she had to go do something real quick. When she came back, she said....tomorrow her and her husband were mailing out an early Christmas present to me. I was surprised as I never expected them to send me a gift. She said there would be 3 boxes in total. Well about 4 days passed and I received 2 of the packages but she had told me that I was not to open any of them until all 3 boxes came. So I had to wait till the next day when the 3rd box had came. I called her and asked her if I could open it then or did I need to wait till Christmas day and she said no I was to open them that day. And so I did. And Holy Cow was I surprised to no end. It was the accuquilt go and the dies!!!! Needless to say, I cried my heart out. It was something that I NEVER expected to ever own. And I do now. And I have used it several times.

And my daughter bought me a pin cushion that looks like an old singer sewing machine with a tape measure. And a Table mate Tray which is one of those tables that they advertise on TV that you scoot the legs under the chair or couch. Im using it right now for my laptop and its THE BEST.
My other daughter got me 2 shirts that I really did need.
My daughters boyfriend gave me a set of salt and pepper shakers that are a slice of toast and a fried egg. (I collect salt and pepper shakers)

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas and hope you have a wonderful and prosperous New Years.
Old 12-25-2014, 06:17 PM

My hubby also did great, I have a Janome 1600 for my main machine and have been complaining that it is so heavy to take to classes so he ...such a sweetie...got me the 3160.......how nice is that
Old 12-25-2014, 06:32 PM

No I didn't get a quilty gift but I gave 2 quilts to 2 of the kids for Christmas. They loved them.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:08 PM

I got five patterns I have been wanting, a batik layer cake, a bolt of my favorite colored fabric, and a cordless iron. All smiles here.

Dina
Old 12-25-2014, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by somoquilter View Post
No, just a towel and house slippers. We've been sick since Sunday night.
Oh dear, I hope you are all better soon!!!! No fun to be sick at Christmas.

Dina
Old 12-25-2014, 08:13 PM

I got a Hobby Lobby gift card that will be used in the fabric dept. Also having problems with my sewing machine table so dh is going to repair it or get me another one (or build one).
Old 12-25-2014, 08:43 PM

My dear, dear DH is completing an ironing station/cabinet to match with my cutting station(front half folds down when I don't need a really big surface with cubby storage for several of my fabric containers, thread boxes, rulers etc) he built me last year. Both are on heavy duty locking castors to move easily when needed. My ironing station has peg board on each short side for hanging storage, special sized shelves for my Babylock Unity embroidery arm and 2 large storage boxes, and another storage area for all my pressing supplies. These go well with my custom built sewing machine table with a fold down extension for quilting. I leave it up for my Babylock Elizabeth. I am so fortunate to be married to the world's Best Carpenter/furniture designer!!! Blessed beyond measure
Old 12-25-2014, 08:45 PM

I got a book and a presser foot I don't have
Old 12-25-2014, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
I got a flyer in the mail this week for JOAnn's. Read it carefully. The discounts excludes gift cards purchases. Read the fine print. I may be wrong! If it's true, I don't think it's fair. Like gift cards that have expiration dates. Like I said I may be wrong and I will stand to be corrected.
I'm almost positive that means that you can't get a discount when buying a gift card; it doesn't apply to using the gift card.

Last edited by CookyIN; 12-25-2014 at 11:04 PM. Reason: correct typo