Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Do you have a house fairy???? >
  • Do you have a house fairy????

• Do you have a house fairy????

Old 12-30-2014, 05:19 AM

Yes and it is called grandchildren
    Old 12-30-2014, 05:19 AM

.......no, I know I am the one putting things in odd places then forgetting where....I keep St. Anthony on full time payroll! For those who wonder why...he is the patron of " lost things"
    Old 12-30-2014, 05:27 AM

When my son was small he was into Hot Wheels cars. One Christmas I bought a Hot Wheels yo-yo, wrapped it, and hid it in the linen closet with all the other gifts. Christmas came, no yo-yo. Tore the closet apart, no yo-yo. Over the years we've cleaned out that closet, painted it, put in new shelving--many times taken out everything and put it back. Two years ago at Christmas I was looking for a Christmas table cloth, pulled it out and a small package dropped at my feet: The Hot Wheels yo-yo!!!! I think the house fairies were playing with it. Oh, BTW, my son is 40 and now the proud owner of a Hot Wheels yo-yo.
    Old 12-30-2014, 05:32 AM

I have a friendly spirit named Emily. She hides things and tugs the sheets at night.
    Old 12-30-2014, 05:47 AM

For Christmas I received "Stick n Find" Find Your Stuff Stickers. They are stickers to be put on anything that gets misplaced, (keys, phones, remotes) and are sound activated from Ipads, Iphones.

A gift I will use a lot from a thoughtful daughter.
    Old 12-30-2014, 06:02 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Sigh ..I just have a cat who loves to move things .. OH wait I do have gremlins: rotten things they are. Move my stuff around and the cat puts it back**. Then all the sudden something that was lost appears on the cat scratching tower. Hmmm.. Wonder who is trying to frame who ? hmmm .. a mystery is afoot Watson ! <Grin>

**Addendum to this post: Unless its my scissors, crochet hooks, paper, glue, and many other misc things that the cat doesn't put back ! LOL

Last edited by Caswews; 12-30-2014 at 06:06 AM.
    Old 12-30-2014, 06:04 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Originally Posted by janRN
    When my son was small he was into Hot Wheels cars. One Christmas I bought a Hot Wheels yo-yo, wrapped it, and hid it in the linen closet with all the other gifts. Christmas came, no yo-yo. Tore the closet apart, no yo-yo. Over the years we've cleaned out that closet, painted it, put in new shelving--many times taken out everything and put it back. Two years ago at Christmas I was looking for a Christmas table cloth, pulled it out and a small package dropped at my feet: The Hot Wheels yo-yo!!!! I think the house fairies were playing with it. Oh, BTW, my son is 40 and now the proud owner of a Hot Wheels yo-yo.

How very cool it showed up finally .. AND I am sure he is enjoying his late present !
    Old 12-30-2014, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B
    .......no, I know I am the one putting things in odd places then forgetting where....I keep St. Anthony on full time payroll! For those who wonder why...he is the patron of " lost things"
    He is on overtime in my house, I am forever asking for his assistance.
    Old 12-30-2014, 08:09 AM

Oh yes. We call them "Brownies". They're mischievous little things but they don't mean harm, they're just curious and like to play with interesting little things!

When I can't find something I just ask for it back. "Okay guys, can I have my car keys back, please??" Sometimes it helps to offer a neat trinket in exchange (like the earring that's the mate to the one they already have anyway).

Silly, but it seems to work. Traditionally you're supposed to set out a saucer of cream for the local Brownies every now and then, but the cats and dogs would just drink it and poop everywhere so I don't do that and they seem to forgive me for it. I like to think they raid the bird feeders instead.
    Old 12-30-2014, 08:13 AM
    Power Poster

I have a house fairy and when I start screaming like a banshee, she starts putting things back where I left them in the first place.