Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd! >

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Old 01-02-2015, 05:57 PM

Just finished writing my partner a pm reply. This is gonna be a fun one, I hope I can make her a mugrug that she'll really love? I hope things work out well for you Elisabrat. 😊
Old 01-02-2015, 08:28 PM
Power Poster

I wrote my partner trishb earlier today. haven't heard back from her.
it will be done on Tuesday, so I can mail in the afternoon or wed am.
just need her address. Hope she likes her package. (I do). have a great
night all.

brat, if you need an angel, let me know, i'm here for you.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:06 PM

PMd my partner nanakathy55 today. Waiting to here from her.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:13 PM

my partner contacted me and I'll be sending her a reply to her message.

Thank you Linda for getting us all on the same page and paired up - this will be a fun swap. I just emptied a paper hand towel box at work and thought it would make a great valentine mail box; thinking outside the box.
Old 01-03-2015, 01:37 AM

Ah Patchesnposies, I am far, far, far from an expert quilter.

Participating in these swaps if just for the pure fun of the swap. For me it's been receiving something from another part of the country and seeing fabrics I've yet to see in my lqs. So relax, and just enjoy yourself in the process.

best,
deb

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies View Post
I heard from my partner, Whigrose, and have lots of ideas now. She is an expert quilter and I am so NOT. I am totally intimidated.....but pledge to do my best! I do see improvement in my sewing skills....but I have so far to go.

I have learned recently.....drum roll, please.......to make mitered corners!!!! Whoopeeeee! lol

(I am still such an amateur)
Old 01-03-2015, 04:29 AM

My partner is jeanne49. We have pm'd each other and are good to go! Thanks, Brat, for hosting!
Old 01-03-2015, 04:51 AM

well I cant wait to see sneak peaks! don't share the whole thing! maybe fabric choices or a corner of what your doing.. just a tease you know so we want to see MORE! but we will be patient and share out items when they are received NOT when we send them. let the recipient have the opportunity to post first but if they receive and cant post then please share a photo of what you have done. We love the creativity and the way things spark our minds into other better ideas! I am excited to see what you have made.

What are you doing for your favorite valentine at home? do you have someone you will make something special for? do you bake? do you make another type craft for Valentines day? I know Jaba makes these killer pot holders. double sided crochet and they never ever burn you. At Christmas I received two single sided pot holders and boy I would use those for trivets but not a pot holder to pull a burning dish from the oven. ... ask me how I know I think I will make cookies and then work on all my quilting exchanges if I am not done by then. crossing fingers!
Old 01-03-2015, 07:40 AM

Good Morning Ladies
Heard from my partner..so its on to the mug-rug...Have just about got it done and so glad she wants a Valentine Mug rug..
And she likes candy..Did we decide to open the package when we get them or are we waiting until we all do it?? Saw on the post a date and then someone suggested to open as soon as we receive....so what is the plan
Thanks
Kathy
Old 01-03-2015, 08:07 AM

I am going to make candy this year and valentines for my Hubby and girls and maybe a cute Valentine stuffy surprise! Today I'm doing a Free standing lace machine embroidered masquerade mask for my oldest daughter she's going to a dance tonight for her high school! It's going to be so pretty ! She's 15 and looks so grown up in her dress sniff, sniff. I am not ready for them to grow up! My youngest is 10.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:14 AM
Power Poster

Still haven't heard from my partner. hope she gets back to me soon. other wise, I'm mailing on Wednesday. don't have many days to enjoy the mugrug this time around and want to make sure she gets it in time. I still need her address. OOps, forgot. if she doesn't get back to me, i'll never be able to mail it.