Baby shower questions

Old 01-09-2015, 08:13 PM

Another fun game is to put many baby related items on a tray. Like rattles, baby pins, barrets, socks, etc. hen have the mother to be carry around the tray to let everyone to let everyone study what is on it. Then have the Mother to be take the tray in the restroom & stay in there. Now comes the fun part to see the look on every ones face when you ask them about the mother to be & not the items on the tray. Like was her shoes open toed or not, flats or heals, & or the color, Hair up or down, color of lipstick if wearing any, dress or skirt, etc.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:34 PM

I did three baby showers two years ago.

Small party favors which was a small clear plastic bags, filled it with MMs, and made paper tops, folded over, punched two holes and used bakers twine to tie them (you can kind of see them in the background of the picture).

For a center piece on one - I used diapers (unscented) and two different size of cake tins and made a diaper cake (see picture). You can find the instructions on the web. The diapers then can be used since they are just tied with string underneath the ribbon.

Another center piece was masion jars with raffia tied on the outside filled with fresh flowers.

I did not do any games at any of the showers.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Diaper cake.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	505446  

Last edited by SuzyM; 01-09-2015 at 08:37 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:14 PM

I agree with misseva. No gmes just chat with others and pass the gifts around so everyone attending can see what the honoree received.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:19 PM

We played a few games ( it was held in a fire station) but what really was funny, were the fact that the 4 girls that all were close friends, lined up for pictures, These girls were all having their first baby, and they laughed at my gift. I work in a store that sold diapers, so every time they were on sale and I used coupons, I would buy some. Well by the time of the baby shower I had a baby bed full of diapers and they all though they wouldn`t need that many for one child. When the baby was 9 mo. old my daughter called me and said she ran out of diapers and we all laughed!
Old 01-11-2015, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by misseva View Post
I absolutely HATE, HATE, HATE games at any kind of shower. Much rather just visit and watch the honoree open gifts.
I used to feel this way too, but after going to a couple showers, one bridal, one baby, I've changed my mind. Here is the experience we had at my DIL's baby shower: aunts, and cousins from both sides of the families, mine and my DH, were invited. My extended family doesn't really know my DH's extended family, and vice versa. There were no games. Everyone sat around somewhat awkwardly, the hostesses brought the gifts to my DIL and she opened them, and exclaimed over each one. Very little back and forth conversation. My DIL told me later she was kind of uncomfortable with all the attention, all the time. By the way, she did send thank you notes within a week of the shower. A game or 2 would've been an ice breaker. At my niece's bridal shower, the guests were a mix of family and friends, not everyone knew each other. We played a couple silly games, had some laughs, everyone relaxed.